2244 Tillotson Avenue
Phipps Neighborhoods helps children, youth, and families in low-income communities rise above poverty. We work in South Bronx neighborhoods where we can address the greatest barriers to lasting success through education and career programs, and access to community resources.
We developed a Community Impact model to maximize our ability to provide communities with the resources needed to increase opportunities, strengthen neighborhoods and transcend poverty. This model is marked by four key characteristics: targeted program areas, an integrated approach, a continuous improvement strategy and a geographic focus.
Our work is focused on impact and we are committed to ensuring our programs have real results. Measuring outcomes is a fundamental part of how we work. Through our centralized database, we track individual participants across multiple programs, ensuring they have all the resources they need to be self-sufficient. At the same time, we analyze our program management and our impact on participants so we can make adjustments and optimize in real time.
New York State Security Guard License, and 8hr & 16 hr certificate. New York State Fire Guard License required. High School Diploma or GED preferred. Qualified candidates will have one year of experience, and demonstrate an ability to make clear decisions, handle stressful situations fairly, and set limits. Candidate must be computer literate.
To supervise residents in a Phipps Tier II shelter in the Bronx and to ensure observance of house rules and facilitate a secure and functional environment for the residents, guests and staff. The Residential Aide, working with the Senior Residential Aide, must be willing to take responsibility for the security of the facility. In addition, the Residential Aide must be supportive of parents and children and have a demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with colleagues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Makes rounds of the facility and conducts unit inspections.
- Reports issues raised by residents to Senior Residential Aide.
- Welcomes new families that arrive during assigned shift and conducts preliminary intake and orientation.
- Reports all building issues to Senior Residential Aide.
- Maintains daily log, census, school attendance, visitor and resident sign-in logs.
- Conducts pre and post-unit inventories.
- Becomes familiar with procedures for fire safety and other emergency procedures, acquires understanding of the building features and potential problems.
- Responds to emergencies and contacts Senior Residential Aide for all emergencies.
- Perform other tasks as deemed necessary by the Senior Residential Aide.
Medical, Dental, Eye Optical, and Professional Development
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to: FRivera@phippsny.org