West Palm Beach
The Lord’s Place is a dynamic, passion-driven social impact organization in Palm Beach County providing innovative, compassionate and effective services to homeless men, women and children in our community.
We are seeking two knowledgeable, enthusiastic individuals to provide case management for clients in our Operation Home Ready (OHR) program which is a housing first program that provides permanent supportive housing to individuals who experience chronic homelessness and significant mental health challenges. The Client Advocate will promote housing stability among clients and comprehensive case management for an adult chronically homeless population within the Lord’s Place. The positions will provide direct service for clients with mental or physical disabilities living in supportive housing.
Requirements for the position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college with a major in Counseling, Social Work, Psychology, Criminal Justice, Nursing, Rehabilitation, Special Education, Health Education, or a related human services field (a related human services field is one in which major course work includes study of human behavior and development), and have a minimum of one year of full-time or equivalent experience working with adults experiencing serious mental illness.
- Experience in working with traumatized clients dealing with a range of issues such as abuse, mental health issues, etc., with thorough knowledge of applicable regulations and contemporary knowledge of new developments or changes in the field.
- Prior experience working in a Housing First program is a plus.
- Possess knowledge of available resources in the service area for adults with serious mental illness.
- Knowledgeable of and comply with state and federal statutes, rules, and policies that effect the target population.
- Has completed or agrees to complete AHCA-approved mental health targeted case management training within three months of initially providing Medicaid services.
- Proven competence in using technology tools and performance assessment tools, as well as established success in supporting organization change and growth.
- Excellent communication, documentation and computer skills.
- Competitive salary
- Generous paid vacation and personal days
- Paid sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, 401k, short and long-term disability, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, and more…
Minimum Education Required