Union: 1199 SEIU
Reports to: WIC Program Director
- Certification and Re-Certification of WIC participants in accordance with USDA regulations and the New York State Plan, as well as with Local Agency Procedure.
- Provide individual nutrition education to WIC participants which includes basic and secondary contact mandated in WIC regulations. Plan, conduct and elevate nutrition education classes. Document nutrition education provided to WIC participants in WICSIS.
- Conduct nutrition screen and risk assessment of nutritional status and nutritional needs of WIC participants. Identify all nutrition risk criteria and program eligibility based on risks to complete enrollment in WICSIS.
- Assist to develop and/or update the Local Agency Nutrition Education and Outreach plan, annually.
- Identification of nutrition education needs of participants.
- Screen and identify High-Risk participants. Provide individual counseling. Complete documentation of WICSIS High-Risk nutrition care plan.
- Prescription of food packages according to the nutritional needs of participant.
- Compile and develop educational materials to be utilized during nutrition consultations and/or group nutrition education classes.
- Keep abreast of new developments in the field of child and maternal health nutrition. Utilize current knowledge in daily education of WIC participants.
- Keep abreast of current program policies and procedures. (Federal, State, and Local Agency level.)
- Responsible for all record keeping associated with Nutrition Education.
- Follow-up on Nutrition Education goals.
- Conduct annual WIC participant survey.
- Conduct annual Nutrition Education Expenditure Report.
- Participate in outreach activities.
- Responsible for issuing checks to participants.
- Responsible for completing bloodwork requests form for WIC participants.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition/Dietetic
- One year experience
Joseph P. Addabbo Family Health Center, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer