We’re searching for a visual storyteller and communications professional to support the growth of Farms Work Wonders mission and vision, which includes organic farming, Appalachian art and culture, and working with youth. The ideal candidate will be able to look at a brand and quickly understand the current gaps, opportunities, and a way forward to increase engagement, followers, and conversions, while staying up to date on the current best practices across social media platforms.
We will prioritize candidates who are interested in joining our team long-term (at least two years preferred) and who have experience in marketing, graphic and web design, photography, public relations, and communications.
KEEP READING EVEN IF YOU DON’T HAVE ALL QUALIFICATIONS LISTED BELOW! If you aren’t the perfect fit for one exact role, there may still be room for you on the Marketing team. Depending on your experience level with the areas we need help in, an appropriate title and pay level could be determined based on what you have to offer. Please read all of the Marketing department job listings and apply for the one you think fits your skills best, and we’ll go from there.
SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR DUTIES
- Create posts for numerous social channels while monitoring for clear and consistent brand messaging.
- Create and maintain a robust social media calendar of planned content through Sprout Social.
- Manage our social accounts and brand voice in ways that delight our followers and keep them coming back for more.
- Respond to all comments and messages on social media in a timely manner.
- Write and edit copy, photograph and edit images, create graphics and videos
- Regularly analyze data from Sprout Social and Google Analytics and report metrics to supervisors and department heads.
- Take high-quality DSLR photos for each enterprise as needed, collaborating with each department
- Manage content submissions received from other departments. Assist as needed with photo training, share ideas for content based on always looking ahead.
- Research industry and competitor trends and suggest new content ideas.
- Assist Marketing Director with updating the monthly marketing dashboard and creation of other reports around our departmental budget.
- Assist with overseeing the Junior Crew (youth) employees assigned to the department and their wellbeing, training, and development.
- Other duties as assigned.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS FOR ROLE
- Minimum of two years experience managing social media accounts.
- Familiarity with social media, writing, and photography.
- Experience with online ad creation (Facebook, Instagram, Google Ads, etc.)
- Educated to degree level or have equivalent experience.
- Proficiency with Mac and Apple products and software.
- Ability to be creative and dynamic in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with innate attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently on projects and also collaborate as a strong team member.
- An exceptional work ethic and sense of responsibility for the Marketing Department and organizations success.
- Must be 100% reliable, have strong communication skills, and an eagerness to problem-solve with a team.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to growing our social media followers, creating written and digital content for our organization, and developing high-quality deliverables.
- Ability to work with all departments within the organization to create valuable, engaging written and digital content.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for our mission and a keen interest in youth development work.
- Extremely organized and highly detail oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an energy that attracts others.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and wear the many hats required of a small nonprofit staff.
- Familiarity with tools like SproutSocial, the Google suite and Google shared drives, and the Adobe suite, WordPress, and MailChimp.
- A basic knowledge of photography (DSLR preferred)
- DSLR videography and professional recording experience
- Experience instructing high school aged youth
Salary is commensurate with experience. The range we anticipate is: $35,000-$39,000. In addition to salary, we offer Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, monthly stipends, and the opportunity to brainstorm and work with other marketing nerds.
Wardensville Garden Market is a nonprofit social enterprise whose mission is to expand opportunities for Appalachian youth so they grow to reach their greatest potential. We create living classrooms to provide real-life learning experiences and generate proceeds that are 100% reinvested back into the program. In 2016, Farms Work Wonders launched the Wardensville Garden Market project—an organic farm, market, and bakery that has currently created over 100 local, good-paying jobs with most held by local high school students, and we continue to grow.
Apply for this position