2560 Embarcadero Road
The School Programs Manager is responsible for managing education programs supporting a student’s formal education. This mostly consists of school-based programs but also includes programs such as Fridays for homeschoolers. This includes registering over 400 teachers who annually request educational programs and for scheduling volunteers to deliver those programs. This position requires an effusive personality who cares deeply about our volunteers and manages them with grace; excellent attention to assisting teachers through the registration and scheduling processes; and strong organizational skills.
Ideal start date: mid-May
Duties and Responsibilities
The School Programs Manager is the interface between teachers and our formal education programs. This includes:
1. Registration Process
- Maintain databases of schools and teachers/parents.
- Manage annual registration process: preparation of materials, teacher communications before and after registration.
- Track programs by appropriate criteria such as scholarship qualifications, grant funding coverage, participation in collaboration programs, etc.
- Coordinate registration of schools in our various collaborative programs, including Mountain View Whisman Environmental Science Collaboration, Ravenswood School District Collaboration, and Educate for Depth partner schools.
2. Scheduling Formal Education Programs
- Organize registered programs into the annual program delivery schedule.
- Coordinate dates and times for all formal education programs, including booking associated field trip sites.
- Generate schedules and paperwork in support of volunteers delivering programs.
- Ensure that records of delivered programs are maintained in database.
- Manage all teacher/parent communications.
- Generate school invoices and follow up with past due accounts. Maintain relationships with administrators of field trip sites.
- Prepare reports of program statistics for grant reports as well as for general tracking information.
- Implement and track school program evaluations. (Teacher surveys, thank you notes, etc.)
VOLUNTEER SCHEDULING AND SUPPORT:
The School Programs Manager oversees the sign-up systems for scheduling volunteers for formal education programs.
- Manage all logistical details of the program schedule including but not limited to ensuring all programs have adequate volunteers, and reviewing the schedule for conflicts.
- Manage the volunteers who assist with school program delivery including, Team Coordinators and Schedulers.
- Assist the Volunteer Program Manager in ensuring the quality of the volunteer experience, with particular attention to the teaching EVs and the new trainees as they transition to teaching EVs.
- Manage the teaching internship program including recruiting, hiring, onboarding, and evaluation.
- Manage the logistics for intern training including dates, space, materials, intern communication, etc.
- Actively pursue professional development opportunities to improve personal cultural competency.
- Ensure all formal programs are supporting organizational goals to improve our cultural relevancy and the diversity initiative.
EDUCATION TEAM MEMBER/SUPPORTING PROJECTS
- Occasional direct involvement in specific projects that support teachers, schools, and volunteers and advance our organization’s strategic goals.
- Occasionally deliver formal programs to stay connected to the work we ask of our volunteers.
- Occasionally provide staff coverage on a weekend at the EcoCenter to fill in for regular staff.
GENERAL STAFF RESPONSIBILITIES
- At all times maintain commitment to, and active implementation of The EV mission, values, & visions.
- Maintain knowledge of the organization’s Strategic Plan, refer to it as a guiding document, and participate in its implementation.
- Actively participate in shared whole staff responsibilities.
Position Requirements and Specifications
The ideal candidate will be:
- Highly organized, multi-tasker, who is motivated by the challenge of coordinating 400+ programs each year.
- A flexible problem-solver with a can-do attitude (e.g., who understands that field trips get rained out and volunteers get sick).
- Outgoing and nurturing personality who respects the time and talents of our wonderful volunteers.
- Previous experience in position(s) demonstrating relevant skills.
- Basic computer literacy including email, and word processing.
- Willingness/comfort to learn new computer programs.
- Adequate transportation (car, bike, mass transit, etc.) to both offices – 2560 Embarcadero Rd, Palo Alto and 1210 Homestead Rd, Santa Clara.
- Experience with an online database.
- Bilingual a plus
Health Insurance: The EV provides each employee with health insurance through Kaiser (subject to a 30 day waiting period). Of course employees have the option of adding family members and paying the additional premiums.
Dental/Vision: We provide dental and vision coverage for the employee (subject to a 90 day waiting period). Family members may be added at an additional premium. The dental carrier is California Delta. Vision is provided by VSP.
Vacation: 15 days annually (after 5 years there are incremental increases to this).
Holidays: 9 Federal holidays plus Dec. 25-Jan. 1
Sick Leave: 10 days annually
403b: We offer a pension program through TIAA-CREF and the EV will match employee contributions up to 3% of the employee’s annual salary.
Section 125/pre-tax health spending plan: We offer a pre-tax flexible health spending account. And as a family-friendly employer, our plan includes a pre-tax dependent care option.
Professional Development: We value professional development. As such, you will be provided with a stipend for conferences and other professional development opportunities.
Level of Language Proficiency
English proficient required
Bilingual a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Instructions to apply
Electronic submissions only to: search@EVols.org
In the subject line, please reference your last name, followed by "School Programs Manager”
No phone calls, please.
Please include a PDF of your cover letter and resume.
All interested individuals, including people of color, women, LGBT persons are encouraged to apply.
Information can also be found at: https://www.evols.org/school-programs-manager/