948 Hollister Avenue
OnePurpose School (OP) is a TK-5 school in southeast San Francisco. We are a free, open-enrollment, college-prep, public charter school. OP’s model brings together four major educational advances: project-based learning, STEM, socio-emotional learning and support, and a keen focus on fostering student agency. Historically, fewer than 10% of children from southwest San Francisco attend and graduate from college. OP is committed to changing this trajectory. To learn more about OP please visit: onepurposeschool.org
Why Join Our Team?
OnePurpose is a great place to work if you:
- Seek the senior financial and business leadership role in an innovative public charter school
- Thrive in an ever-changing environment where creative thinking and leadership are encouraged
- Prize collaboration with an experienced team with a multi-year track record of outstanding academic achievement with low-income students of color
- Enjoy developing and maintaining first-rate business and financial processes, and training staff to maintain high standards in school operations
What Makes the Right Fit?
OnePurpose seeks a Business Manager who:
- Possesses proven accounting, finance, business, and human resource experience in a dynamic and growing educational or nonprofit organization
- Earned a BS degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Possesses excellent verbal and written skills and is a highly-effective communicator with senior management, staff, volunteers, and directors
- Demonstrates excellent organization, time management and follow-up skills, a high sense of urgency, and is capable of successfully handling multiple projects concurrently
- Possesses a robust work ethic, the ability to be flexible, and a willingness to maintain an ‘all-hands-on-deck’ approach when necessary
What Will You Do?
Board of Directors
- Meetings: Prepare board materials and resolutions. Ensure Brown Act compliance and appropriate public postings. Attend full Board meetings and prepare draft minutes. Maintain Board files.
- Board Support: Prepare new Director orientation materials, monthly board mailings, and support the Board Chair as needed.
Finance & Accounting
- Banking: Monitor and manage checking account. Reconcile checking account with Third Party Administrator. Prepare cash receipts to cross-check with deposits and resolve anomalies when needed. Anticipate and manage cash needs.
- Investments: Monitor investment account for donations and notify Board Treasurer to liquidate and transfer funds to checking account. Provide Development staff with stock liquidation information for reporting and acknowledgement to donors.
- Credit Cards: Collect and reconcile credit card receipts. Manage purchasing process and use of credit cards.
- Vendors & Contracts: Request, analyze, and recommend vendors. Review and pre-approve invoices. Ensure compliance with contracts.
- Quarterly Sales & Use Tax Return: Maintain records of saleable inventory. Order new inventory as needed. Prepare Sales/Use Tax returns.
State of California Educational Compliance
- Database Management & Reporting: Review monthly compliance reports to ensure OP resources are adequately deployed to meet state deadlines.
- Compensation: Manage payroll process with Third Party Administrator. Reconcile payroll to budget. Record employees time off to ensure accurate accruals.
- Benefits: Serve as primary administrator for benefits plan and ensure compliance with labor regulations. Manage COBRA notifications. Serve as liaison with pension administrator.
- Staffing: Post job listings; receive and distribute resumes. Maintain, and distribute Employee Handbook. Develop and assemble orientation materials for new hires and returning faculty. Maintain confidential employee files. Coordinate exit interviews with departing employees.
OnePurpose School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. OP promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
OnePurpose School offers a generous benefits package. This exempt position reports to the Treasurer of the Board and supervises an Office Manager
Minimum Education Required