Details: FLY offers a competitive salary structure and full benefits. Compensation is commensurate with experience and education.
568 Valley Way
Position Title: Reentry Program Coordinator
Reports To: Santa Clara County Reentry Program Lead Case Manager
Status: Exempt, Full Time
Location: Based in Santa Clara County
About Fresh Lifelines for Youth
Founded in 2000, Fresh Lifelines for Youth (FLY) is an award-winning nonprofit working to break the cycle of juvenile violence, crime, and incarceration. FLY believes that all our children deserve a chance to become more than their past mistakes. FLY’s legal education, leadership training, and mentoring programs motivate and equip youth to change the course of their lives. We are also committed to helping our juvenile justice systems become more just, humane, and equitable. As a result, FLY increases safety in our communities and decreases the costs and consequences of crime.
For more information about Fresh Lifelines for Youth please go to: www.flyprogram.org.
Brief Description of the Reentry Program: The Reentry Program empowers youth to decrease juvenile justice system involvement and successfully transition back into their communities.
Reentry Program Coordinator - Position Summary
The Reentry Program Coordinator supports all functions of running an effective and efficient Reentry Program in Santa Clara County.
· Build and Maintain Positive Probation Relationships
o Communicate effectively and professionally with probation through email, phone, and in person
o Generate and maintain positive and strategic relationships with probation officers and outside stakeholders
o Aid in the efforts of increasing volume of youth referrals from probation and other sources
o As needed to attend external meetings.
· Coordinate the Preparation of Supplies for Facilitation, Field Trips, Events and Graduation
o Provide ongoing support for volunteers and SCC Reentry staff in terms of supplies
o Prepare and transport all supplies needed for all events
o Order meals and prepare snacks for all events
· Provide General Programmatic and Administrative Support
o Enter all Reentry Program team reimbursements into the budget tracking system and turn-in to accounting
· ETO Database
o Generate attendance reports for Law Program Manager on a monthly basis.
o Enter Reentry Attendance, Assessments and other needed documents into ETO within 72 hours
o Keep Reentry files and binder organized and updated
· Facilitation of Law-Related Education Curriculum
o Facilitate at Juvenile Hall, Ranch facilities, and Law sites as needed
· Other duties as needed and assigned.
Qualification and Competency Requirements
Positional Competencies – required for Coordinators
● Computer Skills: Proficiency with applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Experienced with data-base systems. Experience with Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) database is a plus.
● Strong Organizational Skills: Ability to juggle many projects and tasks with autonomy. Proven administrative skills and ability to manage programmatic organization, forecasting and implementation at a high level of professionalism.
● Strategic Thinking: Experience and proven ability to exercise independent judgment and discernment regarding important decisions that directly impact the success of the LRE program and FLY organization.
● Relationship Building: Ability to initiate, develop and maintain trusting relationships in a short period of time with youth, parents, those representing the juvenile justice system, other key external stakeholders, and FLY volunteers and staff. Possess the passion to energetically promote FLY’s mission/vision and Law Program components to attract, develop and retain youth and volunteer participation with FLY.
● Strong Communication Skills: Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with all youth and internal/external stakeholders, including timely and professional follow-through with phone calls and email correspondence; and the ability to effectively present information in a clear and concise manner to program staff and community partners.
● Time Management: Utilizes strategic time management to concentrate efforts on FLY priorities through efficient systems, processes and tools.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual: Our ideal candidate will be bilingual in English and Spanish. This is preferred but not required.
Minimum Education Required