SCO Family of Services has provided vital human services throughout New York City and Long Island for more than 100 years. SCO helps vulnerable New Yorkers build a strong foundation for the future. We get young children off to a good start, launch youth into adulthood, stabilize and strengthen families and unlock potential for children and adults with special needs.
SCO Family of Services welcomes you to join our family and help us work together to carry out our mission to build a stronger tomorrow.
• Provide 24/7 “eyes on” client supervision, which includes ensuring compliance with a daily schedule and maintaining program structure.
• Implement group and individual treatment plans utilizing the Missouri approach.
• Develops and models effective relationships and behaviors with youth, co-workers and treatment team.
• Ensures that residents are provided with quality care in matters of health, safety, clothing, hygiene and meals and provides immediate therapeutic crisis intervention.
• Demonstrates a commitment to the mission of the program by supporting a safe, orderly, caring and therapeutic environment.
• Accompanies youth to school, appointments and all group activities.
• Appropriately confronts negative behaviors whenever it occurs.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Minimum possession of a High School Diploma required; Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Previous experience in group work, which involved direct care and interaction with children.
• This position requires successful completion of Safety Crisis Management (SCM) training, which includes a written test and demonstration of the competency to perform physical restraints, as specified by the program and regulatory body. Additionally, staff must successfully complete all required SCM refreshers in order to maintain continued employment.
• Ability to work varying hours as required.
• A valid driver’s license from NY, NJ or CT required.
• Must be able to provide excellent references
SCO Family of Services is an Equal Opportunity Employment Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, and shall also follow the requirements of the Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.
Minimum Education Required