Title: Tree Partnerships Manager
Reports to: Tree Program Manager
Based at: anywhere (ideally UK/Europe based)
Hours and Pay: Part time 14 hours per week on a one year renewable consultancy contract with a 3 month probationary period (£22 per hour)
Start Date: ASAP
Deadline: November 20th, 2020
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment working on multiple projects simultaneously?
Do you pay close attention to detail and enjoy writing and communicating with external audiences, including businesses and donors?
TreeSisters is a UK registered charity seeking a focused and passionate individual to maintain and build a vibrant and growing tree project portfolio in collaboration with our network of tree planting partners.
We’re seeking someone to assess new projects, manage tree planting partnerships, monitor the portfolio of reforestation projects, as well as collect, organise and communicate project information. We’re looking for a skilled communicator who can collect project information and share it with our donors, partners, and the TreeSisters team in an effective and timely manner. We’d love our tree partners to feel received with consideration and gratitude for their work, so it’s crucial that you are a relationship builder.
We welcome applications from BIPOC. As an organisation we are committed to playing our part
in dismantling systemic racism, and making our team and network as inclusive as possible.
- You respect cultural differences and are able to communicate effectively with individuals from different backgrounds both verbally and in writing.
- You are capable of listening and showing empathy towards those involved in reforestation work in developing countries.
- You are self motivated, able to work from home and flexible around your working hours to cater to time zone differences.
- You have a personal laptop and reliable high speed internet access.
- You enjoy gathering data, and using this data to assist the organisation with metrics and annual reviews.
- You are very meticulous when examining project applications and feel comfortable to review information and to ask for further information and evidence when you believe there may be weaknesses or potential risks.
- You enjoy gathering evidence and researching facts, project information and figures to support decision-making.
- You are an organised and methodical worker who enjoys enhancing work processes and setting up clear, easy to use procedures and guides.
- You have a strong sense of responsibility, ability to multitask, plan and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- You have an understanding of reforestation in wider terms than just tree planting, including the socio-economic and human factors and not just the environment.
- Liaise with the team and tree partners and respond to team needs for information.
- Review new reforestation projects in a timely manner.
- Reforestation project monitoring and project information management.
- Train, organise and oversee the work of the volunteers who help review project applications.
- Build a respectful and supportive relationship with reforestation partners that fosters collaboration and cooperation.
- Represent TreeSisters well with regards to our ethics and values.
- Ensure the quality of the reforestation project portfolio.
- Contribute to the improvement of the new project acquisition method and reforestation partnership management.
- Perform risk analysis/mitigation and quality control for the tree partnerships and funded reforestation projects.
- Ensure projects are aligned with TreeSisters strategic goals and values and respect social and environmental safeguards.
- Have an understanding of international contracts and partnership agreements and an eye for detail when assessing and reviewing them.
Required Skills and Experience
Only applicants who are passionate about restoring a verdant world, with personal alignment with TreeSisters mission and values, who have experience and are highly proficient in the following need apply:
- Master's degree in Science, Project Management, Engineering or related field, or at least a Bachelor’s degree in these fields with work experience in tropical reforestation or agro-ecology or agro-economic development.
- Experience in the evaluation and approval of projects or awarding of contracts.
- Experience coordinating team work and liaising with clients/partners.
- Experience or training in agriculture or forestry or forest conservation.
- Management and planning skills, with experience in project management software or other systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Experience in finance management or building a project budget for reforestation projects a plus.
Work Hours, Schedule and Location
- Part-time, 14 hours per week, with flexibility corresponding to different time zones - able to attend meetings in the early mornings and evenings and occasional weekends.
- Be prepared to be reachable by Slack, WhatsApp, email and Zoom.
- Some travel might be expected to project sites in the tropical regions of the world.
How To Apply
To apply for this position please email Lauriane Cayet-Boisrobert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include a cover letter, your resume, three references and their contact information, along with supporting documentation (presentation or press articles) of your experience reviewing, preparing, coordinating reforestation/forestry/agriculture/conservation projects to date.
In your cover letter, please share:
- Why you feel passionate about this position
- Why you feel aligned with the TreeSisters vision and mission
- Why your experience makes you an ideal candidate - please detail your experience as it relates to the required and desired skills and experience listed above
- Your general availability for working hours - please specify hours or days that you are not available
- The self care practice that supports you in your work.
- Your rating out of 10 for the following skills and experience (insert the following table in letter and rate):
Skills / Competency / Experiences
Your Rating (Out Of 10)
0 = not skilled
10 = highly skilled
Science, Management and Engineering education
Monitoring & Evaluation skills
Experience in applications or tender preparation, evaluation and approval of project or award of contract on an international level
Partnership relationship management, negotiation and conflict resolution
Experience coordinating team work and liaising with clients/partners or project management
Experience in the agriculture or forestry or conservation sector with proven track records.
Management and planning skills, with experience in project management software or other systems
Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
Formal tropical forestry or agro-ecology or agro-economic development training or education
Attention to detail
Personal alignment with TreeSisters mission and values
Experience working within a virtual team