22 Bridge St
The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 72 countries, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
The Nature Conservancy in New Hampshire envisions a future where the diversity of life thrives, where people act to conserve nature for its own sake, as well as for its ability to fulfill our needs and enrich our own lives. We work across the state on three overarching conservation priorities: Tackling the Climate Challenge, Charting a Course for Healthy Waters, and Turning Granite Stater’s values into action.
The Government and Community Relations Manager plays a critical role in shaping and influencing public policies to further The Nature Conservancy’s mission and conservation priorities. S/he helps to build support for our work by engaging a diverse set of stakeholders and decision makers across the state - including government officials, non-profit organizations, businesses and local community leaders.
The Government and Community Relations Manager reports to the Director of External Affairs, and works closely with the Chapter’s marketing, communication, conservation and policy teams to meet organization objectives. S/he will develop and maintain strategic partnerships with elected officials, state agencies, conservation organizations, local and regional stakeholders and industry to advance The Conservancy’s state based public policy and conservation goals.
S/he will play a key role in developing messaging frameworks that support the Chapter’s media relations and content-marketing efforts, especially as they relate to advancing public policy and building community support for Conservancy conservation initiatives. S/he will be responsible for managing several events focused on building strategic partnerships and raising the visibility of our work among target audiences. S/he will represent The Conservancy at a variety of external events and meetings.
· Bachelor’s degree and 3 years related experience in government affairs and/or public relations, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Fluency in English.
· Experience organizing and coordinating multiple projects simultaneously.
· Experience researching information from divergent sources and compiling it to make strategic decisions.
· Experience writing, editing and proofreading content for external audiences.
· Experience presenting to, and communicating with, government officials, corporate staff, or the media to advance strategic outcomes.
· Experience working with diverse partners and stakeholders to advance shared outcomes.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Experience coordinating complex projects in a decentralized organization, working across teams, operating units and functions to achieve optimal results.
· Understanding of the New Hampshire political system and power dynamics, including knowledge and application of current and evolving trends in environmental and energy policy.
· Experience building networks or organizational capacity, facilitating informational sessions, increasing internal knowledge and capacity, and identifying key stakeholders.
· Experience implementing and measuring engagement strategies.
· Outstanding written and oral communications, negotiating and organizational skills
· Success with media relations.
· Experience with using social media to drive target audience engagement.
· Self-starting, independent worker who can thrive in a decentralized organization with minimal oversight.
· Experience, coursework, or other training in business, sustainability, or fundraising.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit www.nature.org/careers and search for job ID# 46684 in the keyword search. Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM EST Aug 6, 2018. The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.