The Development Assistant (DA) is a take-charge, organized professional supporting a dynamic office. The DA is an individual with strong computer skills, book-keeping experience, customer service approach, telephone manner and stellar interpersonal skills working internally with staff and externally with constituents including donors, volunteers, participants, and others. S/he will report to the Executive Director and works closely with all levels of the MDA Team. The DA does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Responsible for all bookkeeping functions; deposits, processing invoices, reconciling income and entering data in MDA’s web-based accounting program; running financial reports.
- Provide administrative support by answering phones, handling correspondence, general office duties and social media.
- Provide event assistance to team with preparation of materials, securing donations for events, updating databases & reporting.
- Participate in the application for local foundations and grants.
- Perform other duties as needed to accomplish administrative, fundraising & development goals."
- Utilize MDA’s proprietary computer software to help the District achieve Fundraising goals.
- Serve as lead liaison and superuser on the Financial Force accounting system for the district.
- Maintain inventory of supplies for administrative office and events.
- Serve as a Volunteer Program Coordinator (VPC) or work directly with the VPC for the District office. This includes not limited to:
- Working daily in Salesforce (CRM tool) to communicate with, track metrics, and manage volunteers.
- Collaborating with office team members to meet office, fundraising events and other key volunteer needs.
- Partnering with the national volunteer program to ensure national volunteer strategy is followed and goals are achieved.
- Recruit, engage and build relationships with local volunteers, to encourage involvement with MDA.
- Meet and exceed a monetary volunteer revenue goal for their District office annually.
- Assist with upkeep of confidential databases, files, forms, and other duties as needed.
- Advanced Microsoft Office, Microsoft SharePoint and OneDrive skills needed to enter & update data, mail merge, craft letters, labels, spreadsheets, forms and newsletters.
- Proficient in Google Docs, Salesforce.com, Financial Force, Web-based applications
- All other duties as assigned.
- Detail minded: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; monitor own work to ensure quality and organization. Strong attention to detail while multitasking.
- Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings, write clearly and informatively. Initiative - Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team; exhibit sound and accurate discernment, including prioritization and time management skills. Able to provide support to multiple team members at a time.
- Computer Skills: Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs, Salesforce and Financial Force and the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Customer Service: Prioritizes internal and external interactions and responds appropriately.
- Integrity: Work well in a rapidly changing environment; treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for own actions; positive/upbeat attitude.
- Flexibility: Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Handle challenging demands and unexpected events. Willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Prior Bookkeeping experience; business information tracking/report writing.
- Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft SharePoint and OneDrive
- Ability to travel throughout District’s territory as necessary. Use of personal vehicle in the course of employment to travel throughout the district. Local travel may be required in this position; including travel to major events as needed. A valid driver’s license and insurance is required.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.