320 East 94th Street
The Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center (MSAHC) delivers comprehensive, integrated medical and mental health services and prevention education to young people aged 10 to 24. It is the largest center of its kind in the United States providing confidential, quality health care, mental health and support services to underserved and at-risk youth, regardless of their ability to pay. At the MSAHC, young people can find a wide range of services specially designed for their needs, including: primary health care, sexual and reproductive health, counseling, support, mental health and family therapy, comprehensive psychological testing, dental care, optical services, legal services, nutrition, fitness, and wellness programs.
As part of an interdisciplinary medical and mental health team, provide social work services to at-risk adolescents and their families. Provide short and long term individual, family, and group psychotherapy, intense case management, crisis intervention, and health education.
Level of Language Proficiency
· Experience working with at-risk adolescents and young people.
· Experience providing individual, group, and family therapy.
· Experience working with populations with complex trauma histories
· Excellent organizational and documentation skills.
· Excellent collaborative, clinical, and communication skills.
· Bilingual(Spanish/English) preferred
· Skillful in collaborating with external resources and coordinating appropriate referrals.
· A solid working understanding of adolescent growth and development.
· Ability to be flexible and use non-traditional approaches in working with adolescences and young people.
· Skillful in assessing clients’ needs in relationship to health and psychosocial functioning and establishing treatment goals accordingly.
· Experience delivering short and long term therapeutic interventions, including preventive and risk- reduction models that reflect developmentally appropriate methods and materials, preferred.
· Experience and Skill in working with young people with Eating Disorder preferred, but not required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send you resume to firstname.lastname@example.org