Vice-President for Development and Communications
- Job posted by Coalition for Nonprofit Housing and Economic Development
The Coalition for Nonprofit Housing and Economic Development (CNHED) seeks an energetic, experienced professional to join our entrepreneurial team. The Vice-President for Development and Communications will work under the direction of the President & CEO to expand CNHED’s philanthropic and government funding sources and to devise its external and internal communications strategies.
The Coalition for Nonprofit Housing and Economic Development (CNHED) is a dynamic, member-driven association whose mission is to foster just and equitable community development solutions to address the needs and aspirations of low- and moderate- income District residents by convening, advocating, and educating diverse stakeholders. Started in 2000 with the merger of two predecessor organizations, CNHED represents 140 organizational members, including nonprofit and for-profit affordable housing developers, housing counseling and service agencies, workforce and business development entities, lenders, and government agencies. Through the power of convening diverse stakeholders, CNHED advances effective advocacy, public education, capacity building, research, and information sharing.
Skills Set Sought:
· Demonstrated long-term success in grant and proposal writing
· Proficient in locating funding sources and establishing relationships with philanthropies and government agencies
· Proficient in grant and contract management and reporting
· Exceptional written and oral communication skills
· Experience developing and managing a comprehensive strategic communications plan
· Track record of developing and maintaining strong relationships with key media and industry representatives and/or the skill and drive to build new such relationships
· Experience working with District of Columbia (preferred), state, or federal legislative and budgetary practices
· Knowledge of current community development policy and budget landscape on the District, state, or federal level
· Demonstrated experience with nonprofit organization budgeting and accounting practices
· Minimum of 10 years relevant experience
· Master’s Degree preferred
· Prior work experience in community development field strongly preferred
· Demonstrated ability to conduct policy or academic research and to write reports based on that research
· Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment, and to demonstrate initiative in both contexts
· Ability to set, manage, and meet multiple deadlines simultaneously
· Website development and maintenance skills preferred
· Familiarity with District of Columbia area philanthropic organizations preferred
· Good sense of humor and the ability to be gracious and nimble in difficult situations
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
· Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud or equivalent preferred
Compensation and Benefits
CNHED offers a competitive benefits package including 100% individual health dental and vision insurance, employer retirement contributions, paid vacation and sick leave, a transportation subsidy, and an optional deferred salary retirement plan. Salary is commensurate with experience and track record of accomplishments. This is a non-exempt position.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “[Your Name] - VP Development and Communications Application”. The cover letter should explicitly state how your experience and accomplishments fit with this position's requirements.
No phone calls please. Initial screening for this position will begin on August 15, 2018. The position will be open until filled.
CNHED is an equal opportunity employer.