1333 H Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Reports to: Senior Director, Talent Management and Diversity Initiatives
Department: Human Resources
Staff reporting to this position: None
Position classification: Exempt, full-time
American Progress has an immediate opening for a Recruitment Coordinator to work closely with the Human Resources (HR) team and hiring managers. This position reports to the Senior Director of Talent Management and Diversity Initiatives and is responsible for collaborating with hiring managers to recruit qualified candidates to American Progress. This position will also work closely with the HR Assistant on the organization’s internship program.
- Work with American Progress leadership to enact recruitment strategies throughout the organization with a focus on increasing the diversity of the organization’s applicant pool.
- Train hiring managers and team leads on best practices and ensure that recruitment policies are followed.
- Draft and edit position descriptions and job postings.
- Make job offers and manage all pre-hire administrative tasks.
- Maintain the careers page and jobs listserv and attend job fairs.
- Analyze data on applicant pools to ensure diversity at all levels of the organization.
- Assist the HR Generalist with onboarding and new employee orientations.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations concerning employment and recruitment.
- Liaise with two unions when appropriate.
- Maintain recruitment features within the human capital management (HCM) system.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field.
- Two to four years of experience in the HR field.
- PHR or SPHR certification is preferred.
- Experience with Ceridian HCM is strongly preferred.
- Must have experience working with nonprofit organizations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, sound judgment, and a sense of humor.
- Ability to work independently in a deadline-driven environment and to handle multiple priorities in an efficient manner.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Commitment to the mission and goals of American Progress.
Minimum Education Required