Director of Individual Giving and Campaigns
- Job posted by Sheltering Arms Children and Family Services, Inc.
305 7th Avenue
We are offering an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a Director of Individual Giving and Campaigns.
The Director of Individual Giving and Campaigns leads our fundraising, cultivation, and mobilization activities for individuals. As a member of the Development and Communications team, you’ll be the lead strategy architect and agent for all activities related to individual and corporate donors and prospects
As our Director of Individual Giving and Campaigns, you’ll be responsible for managing and executing a comprehensive individual and corporate giving strategy as well as leading campaigns that build our base of supporters and our brand as a whole. This includes being the lead on our annual fundraising gala and engaging the relevant partners to make the event a success. You’ll report to the Chief Development Officer and work closely with our entire External Affairs team in order to impact the overall trajectory of our fundraising, branding, and public awareness efforts.
The Development and Communications team at Sheltering Arms fuels the growth and impact of the organization through fundraising, branding, marketing, and volunteer management initiatives. We’re a growing team with a strong belief in life-transforming results for our communities; a healthy balance between our personal and professional lives; and an ongoing desire to innovate, improve, and enjoy the journey. You’re a good fit for our team if you also believe in:
- Using the power of storytelling to inspire donor engagement
- Giving supporters a stake in the future of our organization
- The power of word of mouth and advocacy
- Strategic cultivation as a tool for long term success
- Brands that are based in experiences, conversations, and the customer
- Taking action and fighting back against the status quo
Donor cultivation and management:
- Developing and implementing an individual and corporate giving strategy for the organization.
- Creating cultivation and stewardship plans for all priority prospects and donors.
- Oversee the execution of the annual gala, including sponsorship strategy, Board of Trustees engagement, and event operations.
- Ensuring pathways for growth by identifying prospects through research, discussions with existing donors, and hitting the field to find new supporters for our work.
- Partner with the External Affairs Associate to develop and lead our corporate relationships and young professionals committee.
- Serve as the lead relationship manager for select individual donors.
- Support and provide the tools to the CEO, CDO, and Board of Trustees in their solicitation and stewardship efforts.
- Work with the Director of Marketing to create campaigns that generate short- and long-term revenue.
- Manage our existing individual giving campaigns (i.e. annual appeal, gala, holiday drive) and develop methods for increasing their output and efficiency.
- Work with the External Affairs Associate to create and strengthen stewardship efforts across the board, ranging from volunteer events to the annual gala.
- Dedication and passion for social change, with a clear commitment to our mission of transforming lives for families and communities in need.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred, and at least five years of related experience in development.
- Demonstrated success with revenue generating campaigns, which can range from traditional (i.e. annual appeals) to non-traditional (i.e. online crowdfunding). You need to have a proven ability to move donors through the lifecycle of prospect – cultivate – solicit – steward.
- Large-scale event management experience; including sponsorship & honoree cultivation, guest lists & ticket sales management, strategic programming, and overall day-of operations.
- You have excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Your skill set and personality traits closely align with those necessary for effective relationship management: organized, determined, and creative
- You can convince someone to get excited about something and to take action, and you can make that happen in person, through a proposal, or over email.
- More than just a team player; you strive to make sure everyone on the team succeeds personally and professionally.
- A keen understanding and acceptance of when to enable others to take charge, when to partner with others to support a broader mission, and when to step into the spotlight.
- Experience with Salsa (or a similar CRM) is required.
- Marketing experience and knowledge of cause campaigns is a plus.
- Knowledge of the New York philanthropic community is a plus.
- You thrive in fast paced environments and get bored when things are too slow or too easy.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual’s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Physical Requirements: Must have the ability to complete all standard administrative and support tasks including but not limited to climbing up and down stairs, operation of computers/phones/fax/ printer/copy machine, and the ability to lift boxes, furniture, and equipment up to 30lbs. Must be able to travel from the various locations and sites of Sheltering Arms.
Competitive Salary and Lucrative Benefits Package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply at the following link: