320 East 94th Street
The Entitlement Coordinator provides comprehensive screening, counseling and assistance to clients seeking coverage under various Medicaid programs and the Affordable Care Act (ACA) at the Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center (MS AHC) and the Schools Based Health Clinics run by MS AHC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides comprehensive individualized entitlement screening, counseling and assistance with procurement of services and benefits to clients.
2. Explains the advantages and disadvantages of programs to clients.
3. Research and maintain knowledgeable of all current regulatory requirements for all major entitlement programs, especially for Medicaid and family planning services
4. Assists client with document procurement and preparation of applicant for resources and entitlements. May assist client with completion of application forms and collection of required support documentation, based on need and mutual agreement with client.
5. Documents agency, contacts, status, progress and outcome of clients and services rendered for adequacy of entitlements received. 9. Collaborates with hospital staff on client entitlement issues.
10. Performs other related duties.
11. This work is based in our six school based health centers located throughout Manhattan,
12. Successful candidate will have a successful track record in relating to high school aged youth.
- Experience providing enrollment counseling, ideally for Medicaid programs, but can also be as a Navigator for ACA insurance.
- Experience in a clinic serving adolescents and young adults
- Customer service or other patient-facing duties. This position requires establish rapport and making patients feel comfortable talking about personal information.
Minimum one year in social services or client advocacy
Level of Language Proficiency
Bachelor’s degree in Social Services preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume to email@example.com
Subject: Entitlement Coordinator