Details: $14.00 P/H
2980 West 29th Street
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Coney Island YMCA is seeking qualified individuals who, under the supervision of the Youth & Family Director, will assist in all aspects of core programming for the teen population at the Branch. Responsibilities include assisting the Teen Advisor and Program Director with program development, administrative tasks, community development, recruitment and retention, as well as other duties pertaining to teen programs. The incumbent, along with the Program Director and Teen Advisor, is to implement and follow all YMCA of Greater New York Teen, Youth & Family program standards.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of children in the program, by providing close supervision of all activities.
- Create a broad range of services, programs and opportunities to meet the needs of all teen program participants.
- Assist in administrative data entry, coordinate participant paperwork and manage participant portfolios.
- Plan, coordinate and implement program registration, workshops and special events.
- Assist in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Create an environment that is diverse, culturally sensitive and relevant to the needs of adolescents.
- Establish and maintain links with service providers in a range of settings, including Community-Based Organizations (CBOs), schools and partnerships.
- Form collaborative efforts with parents, mentors and volunteers.
- Adhere to all YMCA of Greater New York, Youth & Family, and Teen program standards.
- Actively participate in training sessions, workshops and meetings.
- High School diploma or equivalent. College credits in the field of education preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience working with youth / teens and planning activities.
- Current First Aid / CPR certifications preferred.
- Teen Staff must be 21 years of age or older.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Teen Counselor” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
Coney Island YMCA
Attn.: Justin Martinez
2980 West 29th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11224
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities
New York City’s YMCA | WE’RE HERE FOR GOOD.