The American Group Psychotherapy Association is a dynamic, thriving community of mental health professionals of all disciplines dedicated to advancing knowledge and research, and providing quality training in group psychotherapy and other group interventions, consultation and direct services nationally and internationally.
AGPA seeks an organized and detail-oriented Executive Assistant reporting to the CEO and Public Affairs Senior Director.
- Provide administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer and Public Affairs Senior Director.
- Extensive phone contact with members, donors and potential constituents answering inquiries on all phases of Association activities. Directs members to appropriate staff for their concern. Heavy interaction with members and donors at the AGPA Connect Program.
- Responsible for assisting Board of Directors with inquiries or requests. Coordinates Board mailings and maintains all governance files. Assists CEO with coordination of committee activities.
- Answer telephone and written inquiries from public concerning the organization. Handles client referrals to appropriate Affiliate Society or other organizations.
- Supports the Public Affairs Senior Director with a variety of ongoing tasks and fundraising activities including but not limited to: donation processing, scholarship program, research grant program, researching and analyzing current and potential donors, creating reports, handling special projects and tasks, monthly e-newsletter and social media functions.
- Serves as the office manager in charge of premises, equipment and supplies and coordinates with the outsourced accounting services accounts payable.
We are looking for a full-time, enthusiastic, detail-oriented, very well-organized person with prior administrative experience. Skills should include:
- Energetic, precise, detail-oriented and motivated individual who is able to work efficiently. Must be flexible and willing to work in a fast-paced environment with some over-time.
- Professional, pleasant phone manner.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; must have the ability to prepare own correspondence.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work both independently and with supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; iMIS knowledge and social media platforms are a plus.
- Our staff is currently working primarily remotely; presently, we are in the office two days a week to handle tasks that need to be done onsite.
Minimum of a BA and administrative experience required.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter, including salary requirements, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.