7 West 30th Street
<img src="//:0" height="103" width="94">
Position: Clinic Manager
Organization: Blanton-Peale Counseling Center
Reports to: Director of Clinic
Status: Full-time, Salaried, Exempt
The Blanton-Peale Institute and Counseling Center, a thriving outpatient mental health facility in Midtown Manhattan, is seeking an individual with strong administrative and organizational skills to serve as the Clinic Manager. The Clinic provides affordable psychotherapy and psychiatric services to a wide and diverse cross-section of people in New York City. Last year it saw 1,550 clients and, having just opened a new second floor, will continue its expansion in the coming year.
The Clinic is licensed by the New York State Office of Mental Health (Article 31 facility) and is part of the Blanton-Peale Institute & Counseling Center. The organization was founded in 1937 by internationally renowned Rev. Dr. Norman Vincent Peale, author of The Power of Positive Thinking, and the eminent psychiatrist Dr. Smiley Blanton, who trained in psychoanalysis with Sigmund Freud. Since 1953, it has been treating people of all beliefs, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations and gender identities
Summary of Position: The Clinic Manager works with the Clinic Director and Client Coordinators in implementing and maintaining systems necessary for the smooth and efficient functioning of the Blanton-Peale Counseling Center
· Creates and tracks Clinic Calendar and Room Usage (currently using Excel spread sheets, and soon via software) and assures maximum usage.
· Supervises reception staff: This includes scheduling and making sure coverage is consistent.
· Psychiatric Liaison: Coordinates with client, pharmacy and psychiatric provider to resolve any issues with medication prescriptions and assists psychiatrists with obtaining prior authorizations when necessary.
· Helps with onboarding of new staff: Coordinates with NYS Justice Center and Office of Children and Family Services. Obtains forms needed for each new hire and sets up therapists with email and phone.
· Assures that therapists’ licenses are up to date and on file and, if not, works with therapists and others to secure them. Assures that each therapist has the equipment they need and fields and resolves requests for equipment or other space considerations.
· Maintains the Chart Room and keeps it organized, closing out charts of clients who have completed treatment with Blanton-Peale
· Creates a smooth interface with the billing department, including processing the necessary paperwork to re-credential the Clinic with various insurance companies
· Assists therapists and other Clinic Staff with Accumedic, our billing and EMR program and interfaces with IT when necessary
· Interfaces with IT on matters such as licensing computers for individual therapists.
· Works with PTAR (Public Transportation and Reimbursement, CMS etc.) to coordinate MTA cards for Medicaid clients.
· Completes all medical record requests in a timely manner: Handles medical requests, including making copies, getting charts from storage and sending them out in a timely manner.
· Maintains therapist and staff directory and email list, assuring they are up to date
· Orders Clinic supplies such as patient folders, medical inserts, sign-in and appointment cards, etc.,
· Distributes counseling center mail.
· Works with other Blanton-Peale management and programmatic staff to coordinate room usage, track contact information, etc.
· Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements:
· Strong computer and organizational skills a must
· At least 3 years of experience in an administrative role in a health care setting
· Experience with Electronic Medical Records a plus
· Knowledgeable about Dr. First or other e-prescribing platform a plus
Salary and benefits competitive and based on experience.
Blanton-Peale Institute & Counseling Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information. We strongly encourage people of diverse identities to apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
TO APPLY: Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com noting the job title in the subject line. Please include an indication of your salary expectation in your cover letter. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.