436 14th Street
Development Database Associate
Reports to: Development Director
Location: Oakland Office
Hours: Part time/ Hourly
The Dream Corps is an incubator, platform and home for world-changing initiatives. We bring people together to solve America's toughest problems. #YesWeCode, #cut50, #GreenForAll, and the #LoveArmy are initiatives of the Dream Corps. We work to close prison doors and open doors of opportunity. We fight hate with Love + Power.
The Database Administrator serves as an integral member of the Development Department and works to ensure the ongoing optimization and maintenance of the Dream Corps CRM database (Salesforce). The Database Administrator administers all aspects of the Salesforce database for fundraising purposes, including, but not limited to, donor record creation and management, data integrity, data extraction and report generation, gift processing and acknowledgement, monthly reconciliations, and documentation of procedures.
Database management and reporting
- Generates data queries, reports (including monthly fundraising reports for all Dream Corps initiatives and weekly gift log), other exports, merges, global changes, data imports, and system upgrades.
- Conducts data analysis to inform prospects pipeline and develops list criteria for donor cultivation.
- Supports the data needs of the Development Department, including managing the interface with related systems such as on-line engagement vehicles (NationBuilder) and prospect management tools.
- Oversees and ensures regular donor record clean-up and adoption of all system software updates to ensure the quality and integrity of the data.
- Supports use of Salesforce with robust grants management, both during the solicitation and fulfillment stages.
Donation information, acknowledgement and reporting
- Enters gifts and all supporting documentation into database, including pledges, checks, cash, on-line gifts, in-kind donations, matching gifts, payroll deductions, recurring gifts, corporate matches and EFT's.
- Manages and oversees the donor acknowledgement process including producing weekly gift acknowledgement letters, tracking returned mail and updating database, and ensuring gifts are acknowledged in a timely manner.
- Enters donor prospect information, eg from business cards and personal communications, into database.
- Serves as the liaison to Finance regarding integration and reconciliation of Salesforce with accounting platform, and oversees monthly donation reconciliation and supports compliance with annual financial audit.
- Conduct basic Salesforce admin functions, assign and maintain licenses, act as liaison to Salesforce.
- Other duties as assigned.
A minimum of two years’ experience in fundraising database management is required, including the ability to perform complex ad-hoc queries and reports based on the needs of the department.
Experience with Salesforce NPSP, and willingness to become Salesforce administrator qualified.
Proficiency with Excel and Google Sheets required.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented with a passion for constantly improving systems and procedures. Strong organizational skills should include the ability to multi-task and time management skills. This position will often be expected to work in a fast-paced environment, regularly meeting hard deadlines.
This position is based in the Bay Area. Pay is competitive and standard benefits are provided.
The Dream Corps is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit an entertaining cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Database Associate” – [YOUR NAME]” in the subject line. Your cover letter should tell us why you will be great at this job and why you want to work with us. Use it to tell us something your resume can’t tell us. Applications without a cover letter will not be read.