Details: Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
34 West 27th Street
Access Now is seeking a full-time HR & Recruitment Manager to support and implement on an ongoing slate of exciting HR projects as well as coordinate, and in some cases lead, upcoming hires and recruitment initiatives at Access Now. This role is available for an immediate start.
About Access Now
Access Now (accessnow.org) is a growing international human rights organisation dedicated to defending and extending the digital rights of users at risk around the world, working on issues of privacy, security, freedom of expression, and transparency. Our policy, advocacy, technology, grants, and operations teams have staff presences in Europe, Latin America, the Middle East/North Africa (MENA), North America, and South/Southeast Asia, to provide global support to our mission.
About the role:
Our Operations team is seeking a full-time team member to support the growing operations and HR demands in this fast-paced, dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will have experience delivering exceptional human resources general support and other operational services, in a mission driven organization. They will be actively involved in strengthening Access Now’s HR systems and processes and working proactively to implement these across a growing global team. Recruitment is one of the core responsibilities of this role, including developing and posting position descriptions, utilizing and strengthening our internal checklists, arranging interviews, conducting extensive outreach, application tracking, coordination with our global team, and ensuring we’re continuing to hire successfully.
Given the nature of the work and our organizational culture, we’re seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, capable and extremely self-motivated and organized person who is a great project manager and can work efficiently and effectively in a global team environment. This role will work closely with the Global Operations Team and senior team members across the world and will report to the Director of Finance and HR.
- Nurturing the strong and positive organizational culture at Access Now through effective communication and initiatives such as building on professional development, work life balance, and opportunities for cross-arm collaboration;
- Drafting and strengthening HR policies and procedures;
- Designing and fostering pathways for growth in a growing global organization;
- Strengthening of the organization’s performance management system;
- Proactively managing all HR vendor relationships and service providers including PEOs, Employers of Record and other similar structures;
- Coordinate all internships, fellowships and mentorship programs globally (with support from the Global Operations Team)
- Implementing Access Now’s internal recruitment processes and manage multiple recruitment threads across the organization in coordination with management.
Related tasks include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with the drafting, development, and posting of position descriptions
- Keeping stakeholders and team members up-to-date through regular communications and meetings throughout these processes
- Undertaking benchmarking exercises and significant outreach and headhunting for these roles in various locations globally to ensure we’re reaching the right candidates
- Arranging interviews with applicants and team members across multiple time zones
- Maintaining relationships with applicants through recruitment lifecycles
- Organizing online recruitment folders and internal files to ensure that our global team has all the relevant information
- Other tasks as requested by the Global Operations Team management.
Women and LGBTQI individuals are encouraged to apply. We are keen to receive applications from people who consider themselves under-represented in the digital rights and technology communities — even if they feel they meet only some of the qualifications.
- Must be a strong project manager
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, exceptional attention to detail and the ability to juggle multiple and competing priorities and deadlines
- At least 4+ years HR or administrative experience with a particular specialization and experience in recruitment for an international NGO;
- If you’ve some knowledge and interest in digital and human rights that’s a big plus!
- A familiarity with varying legal relationships with regards to employees, contractors, and Employers of Record will be highly valued;
Time Commitment and Location:
This is a full-time role and will be based in NYC, NY.
We offer a robust benefits package which includes medical, dental and 401K matching to help our employees embrace new challenges and allow them to advance their career. Additional benefits include technical training, language training, travel, and access to our global network of knowledge and expertise!
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in English is required (any other languages a plus!)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following documents attached:
- Cover letter outlining your suitability for the role and interest in working for Access Now;
- Names and contact details of two references;
Please remember to reference your email application with the subject line: “HR & Recruitment Manager – [Your Name]’