4261 North 5th Street
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assist WIOA and TANF customers to obtain employment through job matching, coordination with EDSI BSR’s and customer-specific job development with employers.
- Participate in orientations and other classroom activities to provide customers with information about job development and retention activities;
- Interview customers who have completed their Job Finding Plan/Earned the Right to be Referred Checklist and have been referred by a Workforce Advisor to assess job readiness, job aptitudes and interests, and other factors to ensure satisfactory job match;
- Assist customer to apply for jobs in JobGateway;
- Inform and coordinate placement services with EDSI BSR when EDSI is listed as primary contact with an employer;
- Submit customer resumes to EDSI for additional job development services as needed;
- Contact employers to market customer if jobs are not available through JobGateway or EDSI;
- Follow up with employer or EDSI BSR after interview and provide customer with feedback;
- Work with Workforce Advisor and EDSI BST to ensure that Placement Forms and other required information is completed and submitted to the Data unit;
- Maintain database, client files, and reports as necessary
- Knowledge of/experience navigating Philadelphia workforce development and social service systems.
- Knowledge of employment services, job development strategies and labor market trends in a range of occupational fields (professional, skilled, semi-skilled and industrial).
- Ability to outreach, network, and market participants and program.
- Ability to motivate participants toward full-time, entry-level employment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office and other widely utilized software applications.
Esperanza-PA CareerLink offers a comprehensive employee health & wellness benefits program
Level of Language Proficiency
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university in a related field of study is preferred.
- Prior sales, marketing, employment counseling or job development experience.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred.
Minimum Education Required