The Raiser's Edge Database Administrator reports to the Vice President, Development & Communications and is responsible for utilization, oversight and advancement of the development database. This position works closely with the national development and finance teams, is directly responsible for data management, analytics and reporting at the U.S.VETS National Office and oversees Raiser’s Edge database utilization by development and operations staff at U.S.VETS sites across the country.
- Oversee the quality, integrity and accuracy of all donor information and gifts entered into existing eTapestry database, then new Raiser’s Edge NXT database.
- Maintains and improves donor relations by ensuring accurate and timely handling, recording, receipting, and acknowledgement of gifts and related data nationally.
- Enter national gifts and pledges, maintain constituency database; and oversee processes associated with assignments, imports, gift distribution, entry and acknowledgment occurring at regional sites.
- Generate customized queries, reports, lists for national and site development activities, including lists, exports, revenue, renewal and pledge reports, performance analysis reports etc.
- Analyze and track giving with bi-monthly reports, confirming and reconciling with development team members and with the finance department.
- Train and support database end-users, including administrative assistant, development coordinators, operations managers or data specialists, as applicable, at each site.
- Maintain entry standards and procedures; conduct trainings to support effective, optimized utilization.
- Ensure that all coding and table entries are consistent, well maintained, and adhere to protocols.
- Develop effective dashboards to track fund and campaign performance, and moves management.
- Coordinate database integration with Finance department, including timely reconciliation with Sage/MIP system, accountable for reconciliation to deposit, ACH transfers, online payment systems.
- Administer pledge reminder schedule; work with solicitors to ensure timely action and adherence to pledge management policies.
- Audit database record for accurate coding, maintenance of constituent records and data integration; responsible for global changes, creating and mapping required fields.
- Proactively identify and implement database modifications to support accurate recording and reporting; participate in systems analysis of donor database and related software.
- Review current systems and lead efforts to improve work flow and overall support to fundraising efforts as U.S.VETS grows its number and complexity of gifts pledged and received.
- Respond to staff and constituent questions regarding data issues with RE NXT or associated programs; provide technical expertise; assess requests, effectively communicate database opportunities and limitations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Three to five years’ experience in database management, utilizing Blackbaud or Raiser’s Edge systems is required; experience using Tableau, Crystal Reports, Post-O-Matic is helpful.
- Self-starter, ability to identify problems and propose solutions.
- Strong critical-thinking, communication and training skills; customer service-focus.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work independently and as part of a team, in a deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrated proficiency with data and financial information, strong ability to create reports and spreadsheets using database.
- Exceptional computer and technology skills.
- Experience managing system upgrades, data organization and transition.
- Familiarity with fundraising best practices of a nonprofit organization.
- Extensive attention to detail.
- High levels of flexibility, patience, and humor are necessary to address the practicalities of defining and implementing new processes across a large system.
United States Veterans Initiative is a non-profit organization whose mission is the successful transition of military veterans and their families through the provision of housing, counseling, career development and comprehensive support.
Looking for a rewarding position? How would you like to serve those who served?
If you are looking for an opportunity to work for a great organization & make a difference, this is the job for you!
Come & join our winning team!
Benefits include Paid Vacation, Sick Time, Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision and Company matching 401K
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.