Urban Alliance is looking for a Program Manager to co-manage and grow the Obama Youth Jobs Corps (OYJC) on Chicago’s South Side. The Program Manager, in partnership with a second Program Manager, is responsible for developing strong relationships with schools and youth, recruiting and retaining students in the program, assisting with curriculum development and facilitating professional development workshops for sophomores and juniors. This position reports to the Chicago Program Director and is located in Chicago. The ideal candidate is an innovative and organized professional with demonstrated experience working with youth with strong facilitation skills. Top candidates will have an ability to build and maintain relationships with school and community leaders and demonstrate an understanding of the challenges facing young people on Chicago’s South Side.
Program Management and Execution
- Manage day-to-day operations/logistics of the program.
- Work in collaboration with school staff to develop and execute participant recruitment and retention strategies.
- Plan and facilitate high quality quarterly workshops focused on professional development and civic engagement for sophomores and daily workshops to cohort of juniors.
- Establish a safe and professional learning environment for students that encourages active participation, a high degree of student engagement and content retention.
- Facilitate conversations with school staff to identify needs around professional development for sophomores and juniors.
- In coordination with UA’s Curriculum Manager, utilize best practices to develop life skills and workforce development workshops that prepare participants for post-secondary success.
- Build strong, trusting relationships with youth participants.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with counselors, principals, and teachers at partner schools.
- Serve as a resource to school staff as needed.
- Establish relationships with key community stakeholders to support program participants in their personal and professional development.
Administrative Support and Reporting
- Collect routine program data, attendance and assignment completion in Canvas and Salesforce platforms.
- Work with internal Evaluation Team to implement program evaluations.
- Provide data/reports to schools and partners as needed.
- Commitment to the Urban Alliance mission
- A results-oriented history of professional achievement and high quality work
- A belief that all students can succeed in high school, work post high school, and life
- Self-reflective and hunger to continuously improve
- Extensive facilitation and/or teaching experience
- Ability to connect and engage with high school aged youth
- Experience working with community organizations and schools in under-resourced areas
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to present oneself professionally and maintain effective, professional working relationships with youth and adults
- Flexibility and a capacity to quickly adapt to change
- Ability to travel between assigned high schools
- Minimum of 5 years working with and/or on behalf of at-risk youth
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience enhancing a program the resulted in measurably stronger outcomes
- Experience working with high profile community members and organizations
- Demonstrated success in improving student outcomes
- Experience working with community organizations and high schools on Chicago’s south-side