Start Date: November 1, 2018
Duration: 4 months
Applicaton Deadline: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, but please do apply by October 7 if possible
The primary purpose of this position is to manage the processing and maintenance of all company group benefits and retirement plans including related policies, procedures and plan documents.
Specific Job Duties:
-Maintain accurate information in HRIS related to benefits, retirement plans and compensation.
-Communicate with employees on benefit and retirement inquiries.
-Liaise with vendors, brokers and insurance companies as required.
-Create reports and perform audits as required.
-Assist with 1095-C completion and distribution and meeting other benefits related compliance deadlines as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
-Broad knowledge of group benefit and retirement plan design
-Solid analytical skills with exceptional knowledge of Excel and Word
-Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations, including Employment Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA).
-Strong oral and written communication skills
-Attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
-Personal Christian Faith and a heart for serving vulnerable people
-Committed to the Mission, Vision, and Values of World Relief
-1-2 of experience in compensation & benefits
-Firm commitment to confidentiality
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations
- The ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-15 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application information.
- The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- General office setting.
- Great lengths of time working on computer, reading from computer screen, entering information, standing at copier or fax machine, and some time on the phone or in skype meetings may be required.
- Year-end archiving activities involve repeated lifting and bending.
- Physical, emotional and intellectual demands
- Equipment used: Employee computer (desktop or laptop), printer, and copier.
- All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Individuals may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation. This position description is not all-inclusive and is always under review.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
For World Relief staff, strong commitment to the mission, vision, and values of World Relief is essential, and Christian faith is a prerequisite for employment, based upon United States federal guidelines provided in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Legal Background in the United States
World Relief is both an equal opportunity employer and a faith-based religious organization. This means that we conduct hiring without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, parental status, membership in any labor organization, political ideology, or disability of an otherwise qualified individual. The status of World Relief as an equal opportunity employer does not prevent the organization from hiring staff based on their religious beliefs, so that all staff share the same religious commitment.
Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 702 (42 U.S.C. 2000e 1(a) World Relief has the right to, and does, hire only candidates who agree with World Relief’s Statement of Faith.
Likely Temp-To-Perm as we are looking to grow our HR team!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume and application to https://recruiting.ultipro.com/WOR1016/JobBoard/a4c67858-3f4d-610a-f531-c898bc798638/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=b2bab579-fc5c-4d7b-9ef3-fdc3d1f8217e