928 Simpson Street
Reporting to the Associate Director of Programs, the Assistant Program Coordinator will serve as the primary coordinator for the after school program site they are responsible for. S/he will be responsible for overseeing and managing the after school activities of that site, ensuring that all students are safe, engaged and well cared for. S/he will be responsible for related outreach for the program. The Assistant Program Coordinator will work with the Associate Director of Education Programs to design and implement a strategic programming plan to begin and grow the program.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee after school education at after school site, ensuring alignment with Casita Maria’s mission, strategy and objectives.
- Manage, create a calendar for, coordinate, and implement after school program site.
- In coordination with the Associate Director of Education Programs , hire, manage and evaluate after school teachers, program leaders, tutors and group leaders.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with schools, teachers, parents and partnership coordinators.
- Organize final exhibition and performance opportunities for program.
- Manage preparation of high quality outreach materials and correspondence related to after school education programming.
- Monitor budget for each program as provided by Director of Programs.
- Document all programs with photos and written testimonials from staff and children.
- Manage all interns associated with program.
- Represent Casita Maria at meetings and conferences related to After School Education programs as needed.
- Conduct monthly staff meetings with all staff.
- Attend staff meetings with Director of Programs.
- Submit end of program reports for program.
- Coordinate recruitment of students, follow up with parents on student performance and ensure numbers are being met.
- Ensures the consistent maintenance of all program documentation.
- Oversee the maintenance of all program participant data and files.
- Work with Director of Programs to recruit, hire and evaluate teaching artists.
- Work with Arts Director to make connections between Gallery Exhibitions and Theater Productions/Concerts/Performances and the students Casita serves.
- Performs additional tasks as necessitated by the position and other tasks as assigned by the Director of Programs.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years experience (including managerial experience and teaching experience in NYC public schools); Master’s degree preferred.
- Supervisory Experience, Team Building
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Eager to work in a fast-paced, arts and education-focused environment.
- Exceptional writing and editorial skills required; clear verbal communications skills required.
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented, ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work collaboratively, quickly and under pressure—with a sense of humor.
- Ability to prioritize tasks on a daily basis.
- Integrity, professional discretion and professionalism.
- Strong computer skills: knowledge of Word, Excel, and Internet research required.
- Bilingual – Spanish/English a plus.
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- A Pension Plan
- A 403(b) Retirement Plan
- A pre-tax healthcare flexible spending account and pre-tax commuter benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
English, Spanish a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject Line: Assistant Program Coordinator