The Academy for Global Citizenship is seeking a full-time Spanish Teacher. This position is for sixth through eighth grade. The 6-8 Spanish Teacher teaches Spanish as a second language. Teachers are responsible for helping our children learn, classroom management, participating in professional development, assisting in the development of and improvements to curriculum, and communicating to staff and parents regarding student performance. This position is ideal for a passionate educator seeking a collaborative and open environment for whole-student learning.
● Teach Spanish as a second language in grades 6-8
● Collaborate with middle school teachers
● Teach an art elective course with a university teaching artist
● Act as an advisor to a small group of middle school students
● Collaborative develop Spanish curriculum
● Lunch and recess duties
We are looking for staff who...
● Have a big heart to match a big brain
● Are bilingual in English and Spanish
● Want their work to define best practice
● Respect and thrive in a dynamic, changing, and growing environment
● Know extraordinary things can happen when people work hard together
● Want to participate in a laboratory for innovation in education
Working at AGC means...
● Being surrounded by thoughtful, inquisitive students and hard-working, like-minded
● Thinking outside of the box to do what is best for our students
● Being held to high standards for continuous personal and school improvement, and
being given the time and support to do so--AGC teachers receive twice as many
professional development hours as their peers, and coaching from an Instructional
Leadership Team with a combined experience of 13 advanced degrees and 78 years in
● Promoting student profile qualities of the International Baccalaureate Primary Years
Program (PYP): inquirers, thinkers, communicators, risk takers, knowledgeable,
principled, caring, open-minded, well-balanced, and reflective.
● Gaining experience with interdisciplinary International Baccalaureate Units of Inquiry,
balanced literacy, arts integration, and TERC Investigations Math
● Having high academic expectations for every student in the school everyday
● Getting your hands dirty in our school garden
● Enjoying 100% organic, scratch made meals prepared by our on-site chef
● Working in an environmentally sustainable school culture
Preferred Skills and Experience:
● Biliterate in Spanish and English
● 3+ years of related experience
● Strong leadership skills and personal drive
● Familiarity with an educational environment
● An entrepreneurial spirit
● Bachelors degree or higher
● State of Illinois teaching certificate in relevant area (preferred)
● Certification in Bilingual Education (preferred)
The Academy for Global Citizenship (AGC) is a non-profit Chicago public charter school, located on the Southwest side. Our mission is to develop mindful leaders who take action now and in the future to positively impact their communities and the world beyond. Our innovative and holistic approach aims to foster systemic change and inspire the way society educates future generations by serving as an incubator of innovation.
The Academy for Global Citizenship is a public school working hand-in-hand with the community to launch a six-acre community wellness and sustainability hub. The wellness hub will include a community health center, a three-acre urban farm, six teaching kitchens, a neighborhood fresh food store and healthy café, a food pharmacy, community walking trails, food forests, apiaries, orchards, community gardens, and programs and services to cultivate a healthier community. Please check out Cultivate Collective to learn more! The Academy for Global Citizenship's early childhood and K-8 public school will also be housed at the health community hub and the educational model is rooted in serving the holistic needs of students through a strong foundation of social justice, environmental sustainability and international mindedness. Students' biliteracy development is fundamental to our model of cultivating the next generation of globally minded leaders.
A competitive salary will be based on experience and level of education. Full benefits, free organic breakfast and lunch, wellness fund, and professional development funds offered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, gender, age national origin, or disability.
The Academy for Global Citizenship is seeking a full-time Spanish Teacher. This position is for sixth through eighth grade. The 6-8 Spanish Teacher teaches Spanish as a second language. Teachers are…
A full range of health, medical, vision, and retirement benefits is included in addition to receiving complimentary access to the 100% organic, scratch-made meals at the Academy for Global Citizenship.
A full range of health, medical, vision, and retirement benefits is included in addition to receiving complimentary access to the 100% organic, scratch-made meals at the Academy for…
Bilingual in English and Spanish - required
Bilingual in English and Spanish - required