Details: salary is commensurate with experience
40 Webster Place
The Brookline Community Foundation is a dynamic organization with a dedicated small staff team and a committed Board of Trustees. This position will have an inside look at all facets of community foundation development and asset building work, including foundation proposals, events, individual appeals, and corporate sponsorship.
The Donor Services Manager reports to the Director of Leadership Giving and also works with the Executive Director and board committee members. The primary responsibilities are utilizing a database to effectively engage donors through reporting, developing communications collateral and press releases to promote the foundation, and participating in high-level development planning. This position is perfect for a dynamic self-starter who has some experience in development and chooses to work in the sector in order to support the mission and programs of an organization. S/he can recruit interns and must be able to pitch in on tasks small and large.
- Manage two annual appeals from start to finish in coordination with the staff, communications consultant, designer, and mail house.
- Conduct donor research and track donor information.
- Oversee gift entry to ensure a smooth reporting process.
Planning and Reporting
- Develop reports on development-related work, including regular monthly reports for fund holders and board committees.
- Write tailored acknowledgements for grants and pledges.
- Manage donor records.
- Work with the Executive Director and Director of Leadership Giving on an annual development plan.
- Create development projections monthly.
- Manage development related events including house parties and donor-focused events.
- Work collaboratively with staff to ensure BCF events effectively market the organization and engage donors.
- Manage work with corporate and foundation partners including writing grant proposals and corporate sponsorship materials.
- Oversee corporate sponsorships.
- Oversee the development and production of press releases and social media posts.
- Coordinate media relations.
- Create e-communications and evites.
- Oversee special projects as defined by the Executive Director or the Director of Leadership Giving..
- Hire and supervise interns and/or volunteers.
- Coordinate scheduling, logistics, materials, set-up, and follow-up for internal and external meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, likes managing multiple projects with demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, successfully meets multiple concurrent deadlines, has excellent communication skills, enjoys working with team input, has a sense of humor and has the following:
· BA preferred.
· 3-4 years of related development and/or communications work.
· Highly organized and detailed-oriented.
· Self-starter with proven track record in setting and managing priorities, completing projects and follow-through.
· Keen analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills that enable sound decision-making.
· Understanding of basic finance.
· Excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
· Skilled in standard office software, such as Word and Excel, and technology including social media and basic website updates.
· Knowledge of the FIMS database is preferred
· Superior writing skills.
· Enjoys and is experienced in technology including databases.
· Ability to multi-task and wear many hats in a fast-paced environment.
· Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of BCF.
The Donor Services Manager is a full-time non-exempt position, and the salary is commensurate with experience. Some morning and early evening work is required. BCF offers employer-sponsored health, dental, a 403b match, and generous paid-time off.
Affirmative Action Employer: BCF encourages applications from all qualified candidates without regard to race, creed, color, religion or belief, gender identity, sex, age, sexual orientation, national, social or ethnic origin, disability, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, veteran status, genetic or family history, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
Minimum Education Required