Details: Competitive and commensurate with experience.
221 South Grand Avenue
ABOUT THE BROAD
The Broad is a contemporary art museum founded by philanthropists Eli and Edythe Broad on Grand Avenue in downtown Los Angeles. Designed by Diller Scofidio + Renfro in collaboration with Gensler, the museum offers free general admission. The Broad is home to the 2,000 works of art in the Broad collection, which is among the most prominent holdings of postwar and contemporary art worldwide, and presents an active program of rotating temporary exhibitions and innovative audience engagement. The 120,000-square-foot building features two floors of gallery space and is the headquarters of The Broad Art Foundation’s worldwide lending library, which has actively loaned collection works to museums around the world since 1984. Since opening in September 2015, The Broad has welcomed more than 2.2 million visitors.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Director of Information Technology is an experienced, collaborative, and hands-on technology leader who provides strategic vision and tactical support in maintaining and evolving the integrated IT program at The Broad. Reporting to the Deputy Director, the Director of IT is responsible for supporting and maintaining our integrated back-end business systems as well as our visitor-facing technology and the museum’s web presence. The ideal candidate will be able to juggle many competing priorities, executing complex technical projects, often involving multiple internal stakeholders, and maintaining our existing infrastructure with equal skill and aplomb. The Director of IT is a trusted and customer-service focused internal consultant for staff at all levels. This position advises the Deputy Director and Director on technology initiatives and suggests technical solutions to complicated problems that enhance our efficiency and maintain The Broad’s position as a leader in the field.
· Develop strong, supportive relationships with staff at all levels
· Oversee all technology operations, including systems and network administration and enterprise application administration
· Manage implementation of a rolling stable of sustainable, innovative IT and digital projects, including schedules, budgets, resources, and internal change management
· Maintain and evolve existing IT infrastructure at a very high standard
· Maintain and continue to build on the museum’s integrated digital ecosystem
· Serve as primary administrator of The Broad’s 360-degree CRM system (Salesforce), ensuring accuracy, data integrity, and implementing changes and enhancements as needed
· Analyze data, run reports, and serve as primary data authority relating to the museum’s operations and KPIs
· Manage IT budget
· Maintain backup and Disaster recovery plans for all technological infrastructure, including systems and data, monitor, and ensure a high level of IT security and data integrity
· Support technology needs of all departments, ensure efficiency and productivity of staff at all levels and find creative ways for technology to enhance our internal workflows
· Train staff at all levels to best utilize the systems and tools available to them
· Optimize technology across the organization and streamline workflows across the organization
· Manage the museum’s A/V systems and provide A/V support for special events and programs
· Build relationships with external vendors and consultants
· Collaborative and team-oriented
· Highly developed critical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Results-oriented and self-motivated
· Open minded, willing to learn new skills
· Demonstrated success managing complex technology projects and implementations
· Demonstrated success managing the entire spectrum of technology operations
· Experience managing technology in a museum or nonprofit environment preferred but not required
· Thorough knowledge of:
o Windows server and VMWare administration
o Network technologies, including switching, routing, firewalls, intrusion detection, and enterprise wireless
o Office365, Sharepoint, Microsoft Exchange, and Skype for Business
o Database administration, Salesforce administration experience strongly preferred
o Digital asset management system(s), implementation experience preferred
o Collections management database software, EmbARK experience preferred
o Retail management software, Teamwork Retail experience preferred
o Business intelligence, data analysis and reporting tools
o Cloud-based infrastructure platforms, including Microsoft Azure and AWS
o Website administration, Drupal development experience preferred
o Google analytics and Google Tag Manager
o Communications platforms, including enterprise unified messaging
o Experience supporting IP Security, Access Control, and BMS and lighting control systems
Physical abilities to perform all core functions and duties, including the ability to talk; hear; stand; walk; climb; balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; crawl; push; pull; reach; lift up to 30 pounds; manual dexterity including but not limited to the ability to feel, finger, and/or grasp; central and peripheral vision; visual acuity including but not limited to color vision, depth perception, close vision, distance vision, and visual acuity to view a computer monitor; visual acuity to operate a motor vehicle, tools, and/or specialty equipment.
Full-time, Monday through Friday. Office hours are 9am-6pm. Some evening and weekend work is required. On-call for technology emergencies, including weekends.
Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, and a comprehensive 401k retirement savings plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and letter of interest.