Below you will find the duties and responsibilities of the Client Support Staff, who reports directly to the Shelter Supervisor:
Responsibilities and Duties
- Cover 24 hour crisis line; provide crisis intervention counseling, telephone and in-person intake, domestic violence eligibility assessment, information and referral.
- Provide civil legal advocacy/OP, VCVA individual and group counseling to inform clients of their rights and remedies under these acts
- Provide individual counseling, support services, and safety planning to victims of domestic violence in order that they may reconcile their feelings regarding the domestic violence they have experienced with necessary support.
- Facilitate peer support/group counseling service to provide domestic violence education and related topics.
- Prepare monthly reports and assist in the auditing of client files on a monthly basis.
- Provide information and referrals based on client’s needs.
- Assist the children’s casemanger with the children’s program.
- Participate in staff meeting and training seminars.
- Complete all documentation on primary client (update goal sheet every three days, complete outtake, etc.)
- Encourage a positive atmosphere for shelter/community living environment.
- Client Support Staff is responsible for no less than 20 hours a week in documented counseling hours.
- Client Support Staff works with clients on tasks that will assist them reaching their goals.
- Client Support Staff should work with clients to ensure the compliance of house rules for the safety of all residents.
- Assist Housekeeper with the upkeep of the shelter.
- Other duties as assigned.
Schedule consists of 40 hours per week: Several evening and overnight positions available. Must be able to work weekends.
Qualifications and Skills
1.) Associate's Degree with 2 years of experience in a human service or related field; or 2.) Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus. 3.) Possessing a 40 hour domestic violence certificate is also a plus.