Details: Salary depending on qualifications, with the potential of a $10,000 year-end bonus tied to performance.
891 Broad St.
P.O. Box 27691
CityArts is a nonprofit in Providence that provides free arts education to youth & professional training for young artists, with a focus on community building and social justice for all.
CityArts seeks an Executive Director with creative vision and operational leadership skills. The Executive Director
will lead growth and change in the organization, including forming a strategic plan in collaboration with the Board.
The CityArts Executive Director will be an energetic, focused, and inspiring leader, with a strong interest in the arts and social justice.
The position holds three major areas of responsibility: overseeing operations and daily functions of Providence CityArts staff and programs; representing CityArts publicly, to both families and wider audiences; and developing and implementing a strategic plan that includes identifying/shaping new revenue opportunities, diversifying the overall funding base, and strengthening programmatic capacity and offerings that will increase the organization’s reach and impact.
Demonstrated education and/or experience in the following areas:
• Knowledge of, and demonstrated commitment to, the field of arts education
• Demonstrated experience leveraging the strength of cultural, linguistic, educational and economic diversity in an arts or social justice setting
• Proven ability to identify, develop, and nurture organizational partnerships
• Proactive leadership style
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Program, product, and service design experience
• Ability to lead discussions, collaborate and build consensus
• Confident public speaking, formal and informal settings
• Grant writing and grant reporting
• Staff management
• Fiscal management: budgeting, cash flow management, reporting, bank reconciliation and internal controls
• Communication software (Constant Contact, Eventbrite, Wix or similar tools)
• Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree (minimum)
• Graduate training in Arts, Education or other is a plus
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficiency in spoken and written Spanish is preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a resume and brief cover letter to: email@example.com
Subject line: PVD CityArts ED Search