Immigration Legal Services
Full-Time (40 hours) Non-Exempt
Reports to: Lead Attorney/Rural Program Coordinator
The mission of Catholic Charities' Immigration Legal Services (CCILS) is to provide high quality immigration legal services to low-income immigrants and refugees, and to engage in public education, training and community outreach. CCILS promotes justice for all newcomers and conditions that would result in their full participation in American society. Founded in 1996, CCILS focuses on family reunification, and assistance to the most vulnerable immigrants, including domestic violence victims, crime victims, refugees, and certain persons needing deportation and removal defense.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist attorneys and accredited representatives in representing Immigration Legal Services clients in preparing applications.
- Data entry, mailing processing, case distribution, filing, scheduling, office supply management, document translation, and other clerical/administrative duties.
- Frequent written and oral correspondence with clients and potential clients, including: answering phones, greeting the public, providing information and referral, scheduling and facilitating client appointments, managing client waitlists, closing cases.
- Assist in managing client records in an online database system. Assist in producing outreach and educational materials about the program.
- Assist in the tracking of grant goals and drafting of semi-annual grant reports.
- Recruit, train, and manage administrative and translation volunteers.
- Participate in trainings and coordination meetings as requested by Supervisor.
- Adherence to Catholic Charities policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be bilingual (Spanish/English) and bi-culturally competent.
- Ability to communicate concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing in Spanish and English.
- At least two years of previous legal assistance experience in the immigration law field preferred.
- Demonstrate judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential matters.
- Skills and experience in Microsoft Office programs, legal software preferred (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, resolve problems, follow through, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner.
- Strong analytical and strategic problem solving skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in team setting, as well as independently; be flexible and adapt well to different dynamics in a fast paced and high pressure environment.
- Experience or desire to work with victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Cultural competency with low-income immigrant groups and a strong desire to work with this population.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Successful completion of civil, criminal and/or motor vehicle background checks.
- Ability to support organizational and program specific mission and goals.
- Commitment to Catholic Charities mission to work in partnership with vulnerable populations to achieve lasting solutions to poverty and injustice.
COMPENSATION: Compensation is commensurate with skills and experience. Competitive benefits package, including: 100% employer paid health insurance (employee portion), disability, life insurance, paid time off, 12 paid holidays, retirement plan, free parking and more.
TO APPLY: Please submit cover letter and resume to: https://catholiccharitiesoregon.applicantpro.com/jobs/
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.