40 wall street
· To report to the Camp Director and work collaboratively with members of the Program Department to help achieve GSGNY goals and objectives related to camp programming.
· Assist Camp Kaufmann Director in supervising and training weekend staff.
· Provide exceptional customer service to ensure that troop leaders, parents and girl members during camp programs.
· Fill in and lead programs when low on weekend staff.
· Assist Camp Kaufmann Director in setting up and coordinating weekend events.
· Attend programmatic trainings including, but not limited to; first aid and CPR, Challenge/Ropes course, aquatics, American Camping Association standards, archery, etc.
· Gain a full understanding of Department of Health and American Camping Association standards and help ensure that they are met.
· Lead parking lot check in and out processes, providing exceptional customer service and safety.
· Assist in any camp program or process including, but not limited to; preparing and serving food, kitchen clean-up, program facilitation, program clean-up, program set-up, etc.
· On-site 72 hours during weekend events, understanding that you may be asked to assist in late night emergencies or incidents.
· Other duties, as deemed necessary.
· College degree, with previous experience in program development and implementation preferred.
· Experience working with volunteers a plus.
· Knowledge of outdoor and camp programming a plus.
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills. Ability to communicate well and work collaboratively and effectively with others.
· Ability to commit to a flexible work schedule and to travel throughout the five boroughs when necessary.
· Proficiency in working independently to identify, analyze and solve problems.
· Demonstrated time-management skills; able to manage multiple responsibilities and deadlines; perform well under pressure.
· Computer-literate, with knowledge of: Microsoft Office applications; Constant Contact; social media outlets including Facebook and Twitter; and other web-based applications.
· Passionate about the work and impact potential of the Girl Scout movement on girl members.
Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Camp Program Associate” in the subject line of your e-mail. Resumes received without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls please.
Minimum Education Required