Case Manager, Lifebridge North Shore / Salem Site:
Lifebridge North Shore is seeking a Case Manager to work at our shelter site in Salem, MA. Our mission is to support unattached adults (men and women) to achieve stability and self-sufficiency in order to end their homelessness. We do this through the provision of Intensive Case Management and Supportive Services to all clients. For more information about Lifebridge North Shore, visit www.lifebridgenorthshore.org.
The Case Manager’s role at Lifebridge is crucial - providing intensive case management support to an assignment of 15-20 shelter clients, and to clients receiving community-based case management services. The Case Manager’s role includes, but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Adhere to professional boundaries and ethical behavior at all times.
- Maintain personal safety at all times.
- Maintain resident compliance with Lifebridge Rules and Regulations through redirection and support
- Conduct a thorough assessment on intake for all residents assigned to you in order to identify and address immediate needs and/or concerns
- Enter client demographics into HMIS system. Record and maintain HUD Touchpoints. Follow procedures for Coordinated Entry program.
- Ensure all clients are assisted in obtaining core documents within the first 30 days of residency for clients that have indicated a need
- Responsible for completing referrals for all accepted essential services within the clients first 30 days of residency
- Based on clients stated goals, utilize individualized Action Plans to support clients in completing tasks
- Assess and support resident progress on a weekly basis, and as needed. The case manager is encouraged to use various therapeutic modalities in working with clients, including motivational interviewing, CBT/DBT techniques, and modeling
- Record progress notes in client file after each encounter and as needed. Ensure notes are professional and free of grammatical/spelling errors
- Maintain neat and organized client files and ensure all digital files are clearly labeled and organized in the appropriate network folder
- Screen for CSPECH eligibility for all clients and maintain record compliance for all CSPECH enrolled clients.
- When appropriate; facilitate transportation to appointments and/or accompany client to appointments as needed to provide advocacy and support
- Complete referrals and applications to appropriate service providers and organizations as accepted
- Communicate with healthcare and mental health care professionals as authorized in order to encourage continuity of care and provide advocacy to improve clients access to services
- Maintain accurate records of referrals and services provided. Submit referral statistics to supervisor before the fourth of each month for the previous month
- Encourage resident participation in Lifebridge groups and programs as available.
- Conduct weekly dorm inspections and provide redirection as required in order to maintain health and safety and ensure compliance with Lifebridge property policy
- Conduct thorough searches of resident/guest belongings (in the presence of the client) when required to maintain health and safety
- Conduct drug and alcohol screenings as necessitated by behaviors/concerns for health/safety, and complete necessary documentation
- Attend and participate in weekly case management meetings
- Update client demographic sheets weekly and as needed
- Participate in monthly scheduled house meetings for dormitory clients
- Participate in monthly scheduled house meeting for Seeds of Hope clients
- Facilitate maintenance and organization of common areas, both at the Lifebridge Campus, and Seeds of Hope Housing
- Provide ongoing case management and supportive services during and after transition to permanent housing
- Participate in the development of groups and programs
- Treat all residents, guests, and staff with respect and dignity
- Respect client confidentiality at all times
- Adhere to HIPPA regulations
- Communicate effectively with the Case Management team to ensure continuity of care and to prevent disruption of services
- Communicate effectively with Direct Care staff via documentation in the staff log and during change of shift to ensure information is construed accurately, and shift responsibilities are completed
- Accept/respond to calls/messages from Direct Care staff as they pertain to Lifebridge clients. If you will be unavailable to receive calls on specific days/times, notify your supervisor, as they will cover calls as needed
- Maintain up to date knowledge and understanding of resources for essential/supportive services, housing opportunities and programmatic services
- Maintain up to date knowledge and understanding of online resources, systems and programs for housing, social and other services and resources
- Maintain proficient computer skills and abilities including but not limited to the use of Windows operating systems, Office Suites, Excel, PowerPoint , HMIS system and software and Communication/Collaboration technology (Zoom, teams etc.)
- Other facility and resident related duties as they arise
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- 1-2 years of work in a Social or Human Services field.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time-management skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficient use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to navigate service provider systems (i.e. MassHealth, Social Security, DMH, DTA, etc.) via telephone, electronically, and in person in order assist/support the application process and to advocate for client needs.
- Experience working with diverse communities, including those experiencing/with histories of homelessness, addiction/recovery, behavioral health challenges, and trauma.
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable personal transportation.
- Associates degree in social services field (i.e. Social Work, Psychology, etc.) and/or licensure or certificate in related field (i.e. LADC/Licensed Alcohol & Drug Counselor, etc.)
- 2-4 years Case Management or Human Services experience
Helpful: Bilingual English/Spanish.
Schedule: Full-time (40 hours/week), Daytime hours with some flexibility.
Physical Requirements: This position requires the ability to work under stress, spend extended periods sitting or standing, and may require moderate lifting.
Travel: This position requires the ability to meet with clients in the community and to accompany clients to appointments, etc. as needed. Valid MA Driver’s License and reliable personal transportation are therefore required.
Work Environment: Fast-paced, multi-cultural, collaborative work environment.
Supervision: The Case Manager reports to the Director of Compliance, and will receive regular, weekly supervision from them.
**Note: This document is subject to change based on needs of the organization as systems and services are modified to reflect COVID-19 considerations.
Job Type: Full-time
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday