Details: Salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
ABOUT ENCOURAGE KIDS FOUNDATION
For 33 years, enCourage Kids Foundation has empowered kids facing health challenges to lead their most awesome lives through cost-free family outings and uplifting hospital programs. By bringing laughter, comfort and countless smiles to more than 400,000 children annually, our programs offer relief from the constant burden of treatment, hospital stays and doctor appointments. We serve kids facing a variety of health issues – from those receiving chemo treatments in a clinic, to those who live with a chronic illness that may not be visible.
The Manager of Events & Stewardship will play a lead role in identifying strategies for organizing and executing successful fundraising and cultivation events that in tandem steward individual donors. This is an exceptional opportunity for a professional with events and fundraising experience to develop an integrated, donor-centered stewardship program, to strengthen funder relationships, and deepen financial support of enCourage Kids.
Major Areas of Responsibility
· Collaborate with senior staff on overall management and process of event registration, reporting, and sponsorship coordination and tracking
· Coordinate planning, budget management, logistics and production of assigned fundraising events including researching viable sponsors, producing ad journals and auction catalogues and soliciting ticket/tables sales, ad sales, auction/raffle items
Specific Responsibilities of the Job
· Work on all aspects of the organization’s special events and programs including an annual gala, tasting event and golf outing;
· Interact with key patrons, donors, prospects, including Committee Members;
· Function as a team liaison to other internal departments, notably Marketing & Development and Finance;
· Coordinate department’s archiving, storage, inventory, compiling and shipping of event supplies;
· Create and manage post event acknowledgment letters;
· Work on special projects; research and identify new prospects to invite and participate in events;
· Manage Event Ad Journal process and Silent Auction Website;
· Assist with multiple aspects of event donor cultivation and stewardship;
· Work directly with database department on tracking, reporting and reconciling on all event donations and gifts in support of programs and events;
· Develop profile look-books for all special events donors and prospects; and
· Help develop and advance methods for identifying, soliciting, cultivating and stewarding event donors.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong organizational, detail and interpersonal skills;
· Demonstrated project management skills including prioritizing projects with multiple and often competing deadlines; ability to work under pressure;
· Ability to work independently, to work under supervision, and to work in a team-based and goal-oriented environment;
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and CRM database, Salesforce a plus;
· Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Proven success securing in-kind donations and financial sponsorships, and working with various vendors on a limited budget
· Experience with online fundraising tools and donor databases
· Successful track record of executing multiple events with competing priorities and timelines
· 3-5 years of experience in planning Events or Fundraising
Benefits include health and dental insurance as of first day, a retirement plan, and a generous vacation and holiday schedule.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a detailed cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and a writing sample to Christina Buono, Manager of External Relations at email@example.com. Candidates must submit all requirements to be considered. Please include the title of the position in the subject line. No phone calls please.