480 W 42nd ST
Are you a strong grant writer or copywriter with a passion for theatre?
Signature Theatre, one of New York’s leading off-Broadway theatres, seeks an Institutional Giving Coordinator to serve as primary support member of the Institutional Giving team.
Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation.
Preference is given to candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Founded in 1991, Signature Theatre celebrates playwrights and gives them an artistic home, producing six to eight productions annually. In 2005 Signature began its groundbreaking Signature Ticket Initiative, providing affordable tickets to all of its productions. In 2012, Signature opened the Pershing Square Signature Center, the Frank Gehry-designed 75,000 square foot Center featuring three theatres, two rehearsal studios, a central public lobby with a café and bookstore, as well as administrative offices. In 2014, Signature became the first New York City theatre to receive the Regional Theatre Tony Award.
Reporting to the Director, Institutional Giving, this position supports all aspects of institutional fundraising, including:
· Manage and maintain the institutional giving team’s grants calendar for Corporate, Foundation, and Government grants.
· Draft and project manage proposals and reports to select Foundation and Corporate partners ($1,000-$25,000) and key Government agencies.
· Alongside Director, Institutional Giving, steward relationships with select Foundation partners ($1,000-25,000) and key Government agencies.
· Process and acknowledge all institutional donations with the support of the Development Assistant and Finance department.
· Support maintenance of current and prospective institutional donor profiles in Tessitura.
· Maintain updated digital and paper files for all institutional donors with the support of the Development Assistant.
· Research and track prospective institutional funders and grant opportunities, including major campaign gifts.
· Provide research and strategy documents to support Executive Leadership, Director of Development, and Director, Institutional Giving in institutional funder cultivation efforts.
· Work alongside marketing department to maintain and record all Signature Ticket Initiative data for funder reports.
· Support Director, Institutional Giving in maintaining Institutional donor recognition and benefit fulfillment company-wide.
In addition, the Institutional Giving Coordinator is a member of the Development team, participating in all Company events and assisting across the department and the Company as needed.
Candidates should be
· a strong writer and researcher
· detail- and deadline-oriented
· able to work independently
· skilled at multi-tasking
· able understand and work with budgets
· comfortable establishing and maintaining collegial relationships
· a user of MSOffice at an intermediate level, especially with Excel and Word
· a college graduate
· passionate for theater
· experienced with Tessitura to some degree, or a similar database
Primary criteria to be considered for an interview are:
· up to 2 years of grant writing or copywriting experience
· a minimum of 3 years of fundraising experience
This is a full-time position, starting immediately. Salary is commensurate with experience, and benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, FSA, Commutation and 401(k) plans.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a cover letter, resume, references, and two writing samples in a single PDF document to email@example.com. Please type ‘Institutional Giving Coordinator’ in the subject line.
Signature Theatre is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls, please. For more information about Signature, please visit www.signaturetheatre.org.