Founded in 1994, New Destiny Housing Corporation is a New York City non-profit with the mission of ending the cycle of violence for low-income families and individuals at risk of homelessness and domestic violence by connecting them to safe, permanent housing and services. To achieve our mission, we build and manage permanent, affordable housing with on-site services; offer innovative programs that empower domestic violence survivors to find and retain affordable housing; and educate and advocate to expand access to permanent housing resources for low-income families.
A direct report to the Chief Financial Officer, the Manager of Financial Reporting and Analysis will implement and support all financial reporting management policies and procedures of the fiscal department. The Manager of Financial Reporting and Analysis will supervise the Staff Accountant.
1. Financial Reporting and Analysis Management
- Coordinate the monthly close process, deliver monthly reports and analyses on a departmental and organization-wide basis of financial position, P&L, variance reports, cash flow projections, revenues, and other financial information on a timely basis
Provide financial oversight and monitoring of revenues and expenditures related to the contracts/grants
- Review monthly general ledger account activity to ensure accuracy and timeliness of data reporting
- Work closely with the CFO and other program directors to track and analyze grant expenditures vs. budget
- Assist other programs/departments in meeting reporting requirements, preparing, and providing fiscal reports for funding sources
- Prepare and review vouchers to ensure that all expenses incurred are necessary, reasonable, and allowable in accordance with the contract and fiscal regulations
- Ensure timely processing, submission, and collection of grant receivables/vouchers
- Work collaboratively with other fiscal department staff to accomplish department goals.
- Supervise Staff Accountant
- Coordinate with departments on new grant/contract setup
- Coordinate with program directors and staff on progress reports and closeouts
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to provide anticipated expenditure reimbursement data requests
- Participate in the preparation of audit schedules and support the audit process, including consolidation of affiliates in collaboration with Tax Credit Finance Manager
- Perform tasks and responsibilities in a thorough and timely manner in compliance with organization policy and standards as well as best finance/accounting practices.
2. Perform other tasks that may be assigned by the Chief Financial Officer
- At least 5 years of accounting experience required
- At least 3 years of nonprofit required experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance
- Experience in grants management as it relates to compliance and reporting on government, foundation, and corporate grants, including GAAP
- Familiar with OMB single audit (A-133) requirements and procedures
- Significant analytical and financial analysis experience including ingesting and analyzing large amounts of data
- Ability to take ownership of financial reporting and analytical tasks and see them through from conception to completion in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, including creating and delivering executive-level presentations
- Ability to work cross functionally, managing many stakeholders and building relationships throughout the organization
- Ability to meet deadlines while working on various projects simultaneously and with multiple interruptions
- Experience in government and non-government grants billing and reporting
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented work style
- Extremely organized and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize activities, manage timelines, and deal effectively with pressure
- Prior experience with financial systems such as Fund EZ
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong understanding of the low-income housing
- Experience with real estate and affordable housing accounting
- Experience with intercompany accounting and reconciliations
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance
Other Qualities and Attributes
· Ability to build and maintain open and effective line of communication with supervisor
· Ability to organize resources and establish priorities that are consistent with department goals
· Commitment to the organization’s policy of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
This is a full-time professional position based in mid-town Manhattan. New Destiny is an equal opportunity employer. People of color and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are strongly encouraged to apply. Generous pension plan and competitive health benefits. Salary range is $74K - $78K depending on training and experience.
Please send a cover letter and resume with “Manager of Financial Reporting” in the subject line to: Resumes@NewDestinyHousing.org