1800 North Hermitage Avenue
1. Responsible for making recommendations for, hiring, discipline and performance evaluation of staff. Responsible for assigning work to staff and ensuring the work is performed in an efficient, prompt, professional and accurate manner and provides guidance, when necessary. Provides clinical supervision for workers in the Family Based Services program. Ensures staff are adequately trained for their positions as Family Intervention Specialists conducting safety assessments of children and their families who have been referred by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS).
2. Assess risk of all cases, provides direct intervention and may conduct home visits with the Family Intervention Specialists. Identifies areas of improvement for staff and addresses them through supervision or additional training.
3. Reviews case files at case closure and periodically to ensure completeness and accuracy according to DCFS, agency and COA procedures and policies.
4. Provides weekly data statistics to the department director and other reports as necessary.
5. Handles all clients and employee complaints as well as crisis situations in consultation with his/her supervisory chain and in compliance with Agency/programmatic policies and procedures and treats each case with sensitivity and expedience. Responds to DCFS referrals in a timely basis and completes and gathers the Intake information within 24 hours.
6. Ensures assessments and service plans are completed in accordance with agency/programmatic policies and procedures, professional standards, and external requirements of all relevant regulatory, licensing or accrediting bodies. Provides approvals for client financial assistance according to DCFS and agency guidelines.
7. Accompanies the Family Intervention Specialists to court when needed.
8. Addresses concerns regarding staff safety issues in a timely manner seeking possible resolution with program director if needed.
Salary: Not listed
Hours: Full Time
Work Location: 1800 N. Hermitage, Chicago, IL. 60622
Preferred Requirements: MSW. Three years child welfare experience with two years management experience. Child Welfare License (CWEL) and LCSW or LCPC. Requires written/oral fluency in Spanish.
Minimum Requirements: Master’s degree in Social Work or Psychology. One year of Social Service experience post Master’s degree in Social Work or Master’s degree in related field and three years social service experience post MA. Child Welfare License (CWEL)
Other Requirements: Must have valid driver’s license, access to an automobile, and maintain insurance levels according to agency policy. Must be able to walk up four flights of stairs. Must be able to lift 40 lbs. May require evenings and weekend hours.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required