333 2nd Avenue
DREAM (formerly Harlem RBI), an award winning sports-based youth development program, is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as the Leadership and Service Program Coordinator for our 11th-grade participants. The ideal candidate should have demonstrated experience forming deep relationships with young adults and have experience working with youth who are/will be first-generation college students. Additionally, the ideal candidate should be a collaborative individual with strong initiative, commitment to excellence and a relentless pursuit towards identified goals.
Like all DREAM employees, the High School Leadership and Service Program Coordinator should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility. Come join an organization that was recently recognized as one of the “50 Best Non-Profits to Work For” by The Nonprofit Times and as the winner of the Nonprofit Excellence Award – Silver Prize for Overall Management Excellence by the Nonprofit Coordinating Committee of New York.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Mentor a caseload of 30-40 high school students through regular one-on- one meetings, team meetings, and cohort-based workshops;
- Support youth to meet a set of academic, college & career, and social/emotional milestones;
- Ensure 11th graders participate in appropriate college readiness activities, including SAT prep, college visits, and summer bridge programming;
- Lead monthly learning and teambuilding experiences for students, such as college visits and service projects;
- Collaborate with Baseball/Softball staff to support youth participation in fitness sessions, team practices, and NYC RBI League.
- Coordinate, implement, and evaluate DreamWorks’ Leadership and Service initiatives, including service outings, team meetings, summer mentoring opportunities, and our Youth Leadership Council;
- Oversee, coordinate and evaluate the curriculum for team meetings; ensure that PCs are equipped to deliver team meeting lesson plans;
- Develop clearly articulated participant outcomes; ensure all participants meet well-defined service and leadership milestones;
- Coordinate program activities with DREAM High School, Middle School, and Elementary School program staff, Athletics Health and Wellness staff;
- Collaborate with program staff to administer assessments and collect student outcome data;
- Collaborate with director and DREAM Charter High School staff to assess capacity to deliver services in a school-based model;
- Provide additional support as needed to all DREAM afterschool and summer programs.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- At least two years of experience working with teens;
- Demonstrated ability to form relationships with high-school aged youth;
- Deep knowledge and understanding of college access and readiness for first-generation college students including academic and social/emotional considerations;
- Familiarity with college application and financial aid process preferred;
- Extensive experience in coordination, facilitation and program planning;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues and across departments;
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities;
- Bilingual (Spanish speaker) preferred.
Typical hours are 11am – 7pm, Monday-Thursday, and 10am – 6pm on Fridays. This position requires some Saturdays throughout February, March and April. Hours vary seasonally depending on afterschool and summer programming, with occasional evenings and weekends, as needed.
Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403(B) retirement account, life insurance, twenty days paid vacation per year and access to a full range of social services through our Employee Assistance Program.
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply here: https://careers.wearedream.org/careers/position/high-school-leadership-and-service-program-coordinator-east-harlem-new-york-ny-usa