We are seeking a Senior Accountant for our Finance department. This position is seeking applicants familiar with revenue reporting and budget analysis, he/she will assist in producing financial reports and assist with multiple budget related functions. This position will report to the Controller.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Assist with annual financial audit as well as government related audits.
· Prepare government grants deliverables including, but not limited to, grant billing, journalizing grant-related transactions, preparing compliance reports/deliverables, and reconciling grants to general ledger.
· Work with Finance and Revenue Team, Development staff, and programmatic staff to prepare budget-related materials and supporting documentation required for submission with government grant proposals, renewals, budget modifications, etc.
· Candidates should become knowledgeable of applicable compliance requirements (e.g., allowability of costs, prior approval requirements, etc.) and stay up to date with any relevant pronouncements.
· Assist with annual GAAP and Uniform Guidance audits, as well as any grant-specific audits.
· Prepare budget modification journal entries as well as personnel expense and OTPS reclassification entries based on feedback received from budget managers.
· Respond to inquiries from sites regarding budget items.
· Monitor and update changes related to personnel allocations.
· Assist analyzing budget versus actual reports.
· Coordinate budget meetings and prepare material to present during these meetings.
· Ad hoc projects, as directed by the Controller or Assistant Controller.
· Deliver exceptional, friendly customer service by researching and resolving accounting-related inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
Qualification, Skills and Knowledge Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree in business; accounting or finance majors strongly preferred
· Understanding of GAAP required, especially not-for-profit accounting principles.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to develop relationships and communicate effectively with people from a variety of educational and occupational backgrounds
· Excellent organizational and time management skills – must be able to work effectively under pressure, handle multiple tasks/demands simultaneously, and adapt quickly to shifting priorities
· High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and familiarity with other Microsoft Office applications required
We are seeking a Senior Accountant for our Finance department. This position is seeking applicants familiar with revenue reporting and budget analysis, he/she will assist in producing financial reports and assist with multiple budget…
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. To be considered, interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume. To apply, CLICK HERE. No telephone inquiries or recruiters please. Replies will only be sent to qualified applicants. HCZ is an EOE.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. To be considered, interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume. To apply, CLICK HERE. No…