Working in a shared service environment, the Recruitment and Retention Manager will work with The Door, Broome Street Academy and University Settlement, three independent 501c3 that share a CEO and administrative/back office functions.
The Senior Accountant, Grants, will be primarily responsible for the management of federal, state and city as well as private and foundation grants. This position is also responsible for maintaining timely and accurate agency financial records in accordance with standard fiscal practices and requirements of funders. Reporting directly to the Director of Finance, you will be part of a mission driven team that empowers residents by building on their strengths through comprehensive, quality services that meet the current needs of the community; innovation that anticipates future needs; and advocacy to improve the community as a whole.
● Management of a portfolio of government as well as private and foundation grants
● Work closely with program management on program, budgets, modifications and other financial requests
● Timely preparation and submission of periodic vouchers and expenditure reports
● Monthly analysis of Trial Balance/General Ledger and perform adjustments as needed
● Review payment requests for assigned contracts to ensure budget supports expenses
● Preparation of materials for program and agency-wide audits; assist in preparation of quarterly board reports
● Perform additional duties as requested by management
● You have 3+ years of experience working in grants management
● You have experience with federal, state, and city grant administration and accounting practices
● You have a thorough understanding of OMB Uniform Guidance
● You have advanced Excel skills
● You have a strong knowledge of accounting software programs; Intacct experience preferred
● You are detail oriented, excellent communication and analytical skills
● You are able to analyze financial reports and making recommendations
● You are able to be flexible and to adjust work schedule to reflect varying accounting deadlines
● You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
● Willingness to be an advocate for your program, participants and community
● You have a strong commitment to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion
Why You Should Join Our Team:
A career at supporting- University Settlement, The Door, and Broome Street Academy offers an opportunity to work for an organization that has been an anchor in the communities where we work, offering pioneering and diverse programs for all ages.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between.
● You’ll be part of mission driven organizations that empower NYC residents of all ages
● 15 days of vacation in your first year (20 days after the first year)
● Comprehensive Medical + Dental coverage
● Commuter Benefits
● 403b retirement plan with up to 6% employer match
● And more
Working in a shared service environment, the Recruitment and Retention Manager will work with The Door, Broome Street Academy and University Settlement, three independent 501c3 that share a CEO and administrative/back office functions…