680 South Wilton Place
Koreatown Youth & Community Center (KYCC) is committed to meeting the needs of the multicultural Koreatown community. The Prevention Education unit was established to engage and empower our diverse immigrant community members to become the movement towards a healthier and more equitable community. We educate, build capacity and work alongside each individual to address emerging issues. Our staff are visible, trusted and most of all, place cultural relevancy at the forefront of our work. We have been serving our diverse community for over 40 years, and if you're passionate about creating change within our community, one family at a time, we'd like to meet you.
KYCC currently has one(1) opening for the Prevention Education Coordinator position. Under the direction of the Prevention Education Manager, the Prevention Coordinator is a management level position that oversees the operations of the alcohol and other drugs (AOD) prevention services on a day-to-day basis, develops and implements programs, and supervises program staff. Performance is reviewed on a continuous basis with specific goals and objectives identified throughout the year. This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications (All applicants MUST meet the minimum qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three(3) years experience providing alcohol, tobacco, and other drug (ATOD) prevention related services. Education may be substituted for experience where coursework is directly related to the ATOD or Public Health, Public Policy, or Social Welfare fields.
- Bilingual capacity (Spanish/English and/or Korean/English).
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and a willingness to participate fully in a team process.
- Possess flexibility, initiative and ability to work under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, written and communication skills with colleagues, clients and representatives from other community organizations.
- Ability to organize and prepare documentation in a timely manner.
- Strong commitment to working with a multi-cultural community.
Competitive benefits package.
Level of Language Proficiency
Must be bilingual in English/Korean and/or English/Spanish.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please include the position title when applying
To apply, mail, FAX or e-mail COVER LETTER and RESUME to: Koreatown Youth & Community Center Attn: Personnel 3727 W. 6th St., Suite 300 Los Angeles, CA 90020 FAX: (213) 927-0017 E-mail: email@example.com
No phone calls or visits, please.
<KYCC is an EOE and E-Verify employer.>
Do not repost this position without prior written authorization from the KYCC Personnel Office. Any resumes received from unauthorized sites will be considered unsolicited.