Case Manager/Social Worker II
2900 Louisiana Street
The Senior Services Department of Catholic Charities is seeking a Case Manager, Social Worker II .
Case Manager/Social Worker II is responsible for providing and delivering services to senior clients, coordinating and supervising certified volunteers and working as part of a team. Services include assessment, planning, case management, education, counseling and appropriate referrals of community resources. The successful candidate will have at least two years of experience working with older adults.
- Conducts comprehensive psycho-social assessments of clients’ needs through home visits, makes appropriate referrals to secure necessary supportive services.
- Develops and monitors client service plans to ensure consistency of service(s); provides budget management assistance and monitoring as well as referrals to appropriate available financial resources.
- Provides extensive case management on an ongoing basis in clients’ homes.
- Utilizes Health IDEAS, Economic CheckUP screenings, and Benefits CheckUp screenings on all clients as well as other evidence-based models as needed.
- Collaborates with service providers and parishes to coordinate and advocate for client needs including but not limited to medical, benefits.
- Uses Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) to maintain accurate and timely client records per COA, HIPAA and Program Operations Manual. Other databases may be required such as local disaster recovery.
- Files all necessary forms and documents to maintain compliance with Record Reviews. Compiles and submits reports accurately and timely. Conducts Record Reviews.
- Participates in professional self-development via supervision and continuing education classes.
- Maintains licensure requirements.
- Supervises social work student interns and works with the faculty advisors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Masters degree in Social Work or related from an accredited university, preferably in gerontology concentration; LMSW, LCSW or temporary license and eligible to obtain LMSW within 12 months of hire date.
MINIMUM SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Two years of experience specifically with the senior population preferred. Internship hours apply.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of community resources for seniors preferred.
- Strong interview and assessment skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines.
- Knowledge and experience with Word and Excel spreadsheet and word processing programs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Must be able to work as a member of a team.
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access).
- Must have reliable transportation, valid Texas driver’s license and valid vehicle insurance
- Position requires driving in personal vehicle and/or Agency vehicle to include freeways and highways to satellite offices, trainings, and offsite meetings and events, throughout the 10 counties Catholic Charities serves from Galveston to Richmond and surrounding towns as needed.
- Must be able to work on a flexible schedule as needed to meet work, program and project deadlines.
Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Galveston is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 713-526-4611 ext. 6597 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
Minimum Education Required