Community Connections is a 36-year-old nonprofit supporting children and adults with disabilities to be fully included in our communities of SW Colorado. Our administrative office is located in Durango, Colorado with services stretching to the five counties of Archuleta, Dolores, La Plata, Montezuma, and San Juan.
What we are looking for:
We are currently seeking someone with a passion for social justice and nonprofit fundraising to join our team as Development Director. The ideal candidate will thrive working independently as well as collaboratively. You will work closely with the CEO and Fund Development Committee to create and execute goals and plans for fundraising, including special events and individual giving programs. Fundraising efforts are mainly focused in the Four Corners and the state of Colorado. Four-year degree in marketing, business, communications, nonprofit management or a related field and minimum of five years’ experience in fundraising required; CFRE credential preferred.
What we are offering:
- Flexible schedule and work location available. We have offices in Durango, Cortez and Pagosa Springs and the availability of working from home.
- This position is FT/salary/exempt.
- Salary range $63,000 to $75,000
- Benefits, including insurance (major medical, dental, vision and life); paid holidays; generous combined annual leave; 401K; professional development funds; and an Employee Assistance Program.
How to apply:
Apply by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, April 28th at www.communityconnectionsco.org.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Responsible for developing an annual comprehensive development plan, in collaboration with the CEO and Fund Development Committee, with targeted goals, objectives, methods, quantifiable outcomes and timelines which will achieve budgeted goals.
- Develop annual calendar of events and appeals that supports the development plan.
- Responsible for securing general operating and capacity building grants, including writing and submitting new and renewed grants and reports, and providing program and capital grant support to staff.
- Work collaboratively with other team members to identify funding priorities.
- Responsible for working closely with staff to review program services to obtain information for grant reporting; comply with donor expectations and be aware of programmatic needs for funding to fill gaps or unmet needs of clients.
- Responsible for developing and monitoring a realistic annual fund budget with realistic revenue and expense projections.
- Monitor national, regional, and community trends in fundraising and development and adapt and implement fundraising strategies that are effective and ethical. Maintain knowledge of federal and state legislation effecting charities and nonprofit fundraising.
- Responsible for planning and execution of annual signature fundraising event and other fundraising events as approved by the CEO. May be asked to research and execute additional regional event opportunities.
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations. Research and identify prospective new donors and proactively initiate sponsorship and funding.
- Maintain a year-round pipeline that results in newly secured funding for events, mission investment opportunities, major and mid-level gifts, and planned giving.
- Investigate possibilities of program partnerships and strategic alliances that will extend the organization’s brand in the community and increase avenues of support.
- Responsible with the CEO to grow positive awareness of the organization and strengthen its reputation with clients, funders, and the communities it serves.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with donors, policy makers and community leaders.
- Coordinate development activities with marketing consultant or staff.
- Build and grow a robust individual giving program, including establishing and maintaining positive relationships with donors.
- Establish recognition, acknowledgements, and incentives for donors and volunteers.
- Assist Office Manager/Executive Assistant with volunteer recruitment and management to provide fundraising and program support.
- Oversee the administration of a donor mailing list and database that respects the privacy and confidentiality of donor information and conforms to best practices of donor management and the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003.
- Prepare updated reports on fundraising progress for the Board of Directors on a monthly basis.
- Facilitate Fund Development Committee and Special Events Committee and attend other meetings as requested and appropriate.
- Assist with preparation of the annual report to the community.
- Assist with hiring and supervision of any staff assigned to department.
- Any and all reasonable duties as assigned.