Details: $9 per hour
6760 Antoine Drive
LOVE146 VISION: The abolition of child trafficking and exploitation. Nothing less.
LOVE146 MISSION: ABOLITION & RESTORATION! We combat child trafficking & exploitation with the unexpected and restore survivors with excellence.
REIMAGINE RESALE SHOP: The Love146 Reimagine Resale shop will help to generate funds in support of the Love146 mission, innovate programs that allow us to creatively approach prevention, all while promoting ethical shopping standards.
REPORTS TO: Reimagine Resale Manager
SALARY: $9.00 Hourly
STATUS: Part-Time (15-20 Hours Weekly)
LOCATION: Houston, TX
ANTICIPATED START DATE: ASAP
OVERVIEW: The Reimagine Resale Shop Store Lead is responsible for performing the day-to-day functions of the store by working the retail floor and assisting customers, volunteers, and donors as needed. Responsibilities include but are not limited to operating cash register, stocking shelves, hanging garments, rotating goods, receiving donations, sorting donations, and cleaning the store. This position will operate as store key holder and secure store cash assets in the planned absence of Store Manager.
LOVE146’s COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION: Love146 seeks to enhance the innovation and creativity, greater productivity and employee satisfaction that derive from a well-managed, diverse, and inclusive workplace. We acknowledge that this is an important area for growth as an organization.
Retail Store (60%):
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers
- Respond rapidly to customer needs or complaints, handle complaints with care
- Work diligently to keep the store clean, safe, and welcoming
- Operate cash register and handle revenue with integrity, accountable for proper register balances and for any unauthorized removal of any merchandise from the store
- Assist customers with questions about location and price of merchandise, must be familiar with store layout and promotions
- Answer phone and assist callers
- Welcome customers to the store upon entry
- Maintain a clean and orderly work space
- Remove items from dressing rooms and re-hang
- Ensure that store merchandise is tidy and organized, ideal candidate would be action-oriented and re-hang items misplaced
- Watch customers in the store and stay alert for potential shoplifters
- Assisting with promotions and volunteer needs
- Receive donations from donors with a welcoming attitude
- Maintain accurate records of donations and incoming merchandise
- Sort, clean, test, and organize donations
- Assist with pricing of merchandise as directed by the Store Manager
- Provide change to registers during shift if required
- Provide override credentials to store associates as needed
- Secure cash tills in the store safe upon store closure for the day
- Run reports from POS system at end of business for manager review
- Prepare cash tills for next day of business and prepare cash deposit if needed
- Secure the store upon leaving for the day by locking all doors and setting store alarm system
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- High school degree
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
- One (1) year retail experience preferred, six (6) months retail or customer service experience required
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- A passion for the mission of Love146
- Excellent customer service skills and friendly demeanor
- Integrity and honesty
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Self-motivated and self-aware
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, maneuver around the sales floor and stockroom, climb ladders, and lift heavy weight/donations
- Advanced cash handling knowledge
The incumbent must be able to stand and be active for long periods of time. The incumbent might also spend long hours sitting, using office equipment and performing computer operations. The incumbent is located in a busy, open area with regular interruptions, which may cause stress. The incumbent is required to deal with a wide variety of people on various issues.
Love146 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Level of Language Proficiency
- Proficiency in English required
- Spanish preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this role, please visit our website: https://love146.org/employment.