At Ascend, we're excited about professionals who are fired up about our liberal arts program, positive approach to discipline, and commitment to serve all students. Join us as we foster innate curiosities, encourage discussion and debate, and guide students to think their own way through to answers.
The talent recruitment manager manages the selection process and lifecycle of teaching and other school personnel candidates and ensures candidates receive an exceptional experience from application through onboarding.
Why extraordinary professionals choose Ascend
Ascend is a network of K-12 public charter schools serving 5,000 students across 12 schools in Central Brooklyn. Our mission is to lead our students on a great intellectual journey, providing them with an exceptional education and placing them firmly on the path to success in college and beyond.
We guide our students to think critically and independently and to enjoy education as an end in itself. We teach a rich and rigorous liberal arts curriculum that nurtures students' natural curiosity about the world. We foster a positive, non-punitive school culture where students feel connected, empowered, and safe to take academic risks. Even our school buildings are designed to reflect our high aspirations for teaching and learning and the notable accomplishments that occur within our walls.
To create this kind of vibrant learning community, we invest heavily in our faculty by providing ongoing professional training and support, and encourage our educators to collaborate closely and push each other to achieve great outcomes.
You can learn more about the Ascend approach by visiting our website.
The talent recruitment manager manages the selection process and lifecycle of teaching and other school personnel candidates and ensures candidates receive an exceptional experience from application through onboarding. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee a portfolio of schools on all staffing processes and maintain accurate staffing plans
- Support the selection of exceptional candidates through Ascend's interview process
- Assist in the refinement of interview guidelines, evaluation tools, and assessment procedures to ensure that all school teams are equipped with the necessary resources to hire personnel
- Recommend, create, and support systems to guide and track the effectiveness of recruitment strategies and onboarding practices, and update systems accordingly
- Manage relationships with hiring managers and serve as a thought partner in selecting the best possible talent for school teams
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with candidates post-hire and create avenues for unsolicited referrals
- Coordinate efforts with hiring managers to ensure high offer to acceptance rates
- Influence candidates to select Ascend
- Collaborate with the Talent Outreach Team to develop and execute national, regional, and local recruitment strategy focused on targeting high-quality academic leadership and teacher candidates through candidate cultivation and pipeline development
- Represent Ascend at public engagements, networking events, conferences, job fairs, and meetings, articulating and fostering awareness of Ascend's mission and the distinctiveness of the Ascend design
Staff and Reporting Relationships
The talent recruitment manager works closely with school leaders and the Talent Team and reports to Ascend's director of talent recruitment.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Previous middle school or high school teaching experience; previous charter school teaching experience preferred
- A minimum of 1 year of experience recruiting for a nonprofit organization preferred; previous charter school network recruitment experience strongly preferred
A successful talent recruitment manager will demonstrate
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptionally high standards for the quality of work and a strong growth mindset to improve continuously
- Ability to develop strong relationships and authentically connect with candidates, prospects, and colleagues
- Alignment with the educational philosophy and core beliefs of Ascend and ability to inspire excellent candidates to join
- Superior written, verbal, and communication skills
- Eagerness to work collaboratively to solve problems
- Deep excitement to identify top talent
Diversity at Ascend
Ascend is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community, both through our hiring practices and our focus on creating a culture and environment where diverse perspectives, ideas, and identities are valued and integrated into our way of working and educating students. Ascend staff represent a wide diversity of racial, socio-economic, gender, religious, and national identities—opening a window to the entire Ascend community on the richness of humanity. We welcome all applicants who share our mission and vision to join us in our deeply consequential work.
Ascend offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit www.ascendschools.org/careers to learn more about the benefits of working at Ascend.
Minimum Education Required