120 Wall Street
The American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE), founded in 1908, is a professional association of more than 60,000 chemical engineers worldwide. AIChE fosters and disseminates chemical engineering knowledge, supports the professional and personal growth of its members, and applies the expertise of its members to address societal needs and improve the quality of life. AIChE is a supporter of work-life balance.
As an individual contributor, the Business Applications Manager will be responsible for materializing and maintaining software solutions to meet business needs by defining requirements and driving design, development, testing, deployment, operation and user support. You will be responsible for a portfolio of software-centric solutions and use vendors as well as hands-on skills to build, sustain and grow capabilities.
Under the Direction of the Chief Information Officer, the successful hands-on Manager will be accountable for:
- Interfacing with business-function personnel to understand new needs or identify opportunities; performing Business & Requirements analysis, writing Functional Requirements Specifications, and directing technical design.
- Assuring acceptable service levels for assigned systems & processes; recommend opportunities for improvement; anticipate and plan change.
- Planning and execute approved projects, from initiation to closure, managing scope, time, cost, quality, communication, risk, vendors & stakeholders.
- Managing assigned resources, including any staff and vendors
- Performing management reporting, including periodic reporting on trends, insights, plans, risk & status.
- Performing other assigned duties in support of IT department
- Five or more years of progressive experience in Enterprise IT environment; technical undergraduate degree in computer science, MIS, engineering or related discipline.
- Must have background in current software development and databases within the last five years (ASP.NET, C#, JS, MS SQL Server)
- Must be able to architect solutions
- Must have strong Technical Project Management; experience writing specifications for contemporary technology platforms
- Experience in independently interfacing with business users and managing vendors.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities with competing deadlines.
Interested candidates may email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
The American Institute of Chemical Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position does offer benefits-
Minimum Education Required