13 Roszel Road
ABOUT THE PRINCETON-BLAIRSTOWN CENTER
The Princeton-Blairstown Center (PBC) is a 110-year old independent 501c3 nonprofit organization with an administrative office located in Princeton, NJ and a 264-acre campus located in Blairstown, NJ. Our mission is to empower young people, primarily from under-resourced communities, to strengthen their social-emotional skills through experiential, environmental, and adventure-based programming.
PBC is emerging as a leader regarding social and emotional learning (SEL) programs in the outdoor experiential adventure-based setting. PBC’s experiential educational methodology is based on a holistic approach where carefully chosen experiences supported by reflection, critical analysis, and synthesis are structured to ensure that the students take initiative, make decision, and are held accountable for results. PBC’s programs also promote environmental stewardship and complement students’ classroom education in science, technology, engineering, and math. Our programs serve nearly 8,000 young people annually.
The Grant Writer is responsible for identifying potential funders, researching application guidelines, writing proposals, and submitting timely and accurate reports for funds received.
· Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to corporate and foundation funders.
· Increase and diversify revenue streams (foundations, corporations, agencies) to help build programmatic and organizational capacity.
· Research and identify public and private grant sources of restricted and unrestricted funding. Develop proposals in partnership with the Senior Leadership Team and execute and archive all proposals with a long-term relationship-management approach.
· Ensure the timely submission of updates and year-end reports to corporate, foundation, individual and/or government funders.
· Update and maintain master calendar of grant application and reporting deadlines.
· Maintain records in database and paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
· Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in English or relevant field.
· 3-5 years documented experience in grant writing.
· Strong editing skills.
· Keen attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
· Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills.
· Proficiency in MS Office Suite a must; familiarity with DonorPerfect preferred.
· Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) are required.
· High level of initiative and reliability.
· Experience working in a deadline-driven environment.
· Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, professionalism, a commitment to lead by example, and dedication to the mission of PBC.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Grant Writer. Please indicate where you learned about the job. The deadline for applications is July 15, 2018, but applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so please consider applying early to ensure your application is reviewed.
People of color are strongly encouraged to apply. PBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in its work and staff.