Intro/Program Description: Goddard Riverside Community Center is a DOE affiliated program that operates two early childhood centers for working families and their children aged 2 to 5. Each center facilitates classroom activities that promote intellectual, social, emotional, and physical growth through the hands-on exploration of science, nature and art.
Schedule: Monday through Friday - Hours: 7:30am to 6:00pm
Role, Responsibilities & Essential Duties
- Must be willing and able to travel between both ECE Programs as needed.
- Planning the program, including daily and long range lesson plans.
- Implementing the curriculum and daily activities.
- Supervising and managing the classroom.
- Maintaining a safe environment at all times.
- Maintaining professional attitudes and loyalty to the school.
- Conducting twice yearly parent conferences with all parents.
- Preparing progress reports 3 times a year for all children.
- Writing and preparing all school reports for children who are transferring to other schools.
- Writing observations for children and maintaining an observation book.
- Participating in professional workshops that work for the improvement of early childhood education.
- Leading weekly team meeting for classroom planning and updates.
- Maintaining confidentiality about children, their families, and other employees outside the school.
- Conducting yearly screenings of all children.
- Supervising outside play yard activities.
- Meet with supervisor (director) weekly.
- Submit weekly lesson plans to director.
- Familiar with Google Classrooms
- Certified with Master Degree in ECE or in a program which will guarantee permanent certification at its completion.
- Must have 2+ years of experience in Early Childhood;
- Must have significant experience working as an Assistant Teacher in Early Childhood
- Must have 1+ years of experience working with children ages 3-5 years old
- Must be DOI Fingerprinted/ PETS
- Must be able to pass the state background check
- Current CPR/First Aid Training a plus
- Current DOE & DOH mandated trainings a plus
- Must be able to relate well to children and employees
- Must be willing to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with the school’s educational philosophy
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Bilingual preferred
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Ability to take initiative in work assignments
- Ability to work flexible hours and be flexible with the children
- Must be highly organized
- Must have the ability to prioritize work load
- Must be Creative
- Must be Patient
- Knowledge of Google Classroom preferred
- Must have a good sense of humor and enjoy working with children
- Additional skills in music, dance, sports, etc. a plus
- Must be able to use tablet and online applications
- Must be able to communicate effectively with parents and teaching team
- Must have basic technology skills
- Ability to use a tablet & Apps
- Work experience providing services to children and families.
- Writing sample required
- Ability to lift and bend up to 50lbs
- Ability to get down on the floor and play outside with the children
- Travel between two sites