Details: Commensurate with experience
197 Portland Street
The Research Manager is a member of the team with responsibility for supporting Interise’s research agenda. S/he will work primarily with the Senior Research & Evaluation Manager on research projects using Interise’s impact evaluation data, qualitative data, and external secondary data. The successful candidate will work independently and within and across teams to ensure that research findings are relevant and applicable; and that research products are accessible to a range technical and general audiences. S/he will collaborate with Marketing and Communications for report production and distribution strategy; and for coordinating social media. At all times, s/he will employ excellent professional judgement to maintain the integrity of Interise’s data and research products.
- Conduct applied research identified in Interise’s research agenda on the impact of established small businesses on inclusive and equitable economic development. Research products include but are not limited to reports, issue papers, white papers, literature reviews, and blogs.
- Collect and analyze primary and secondary data related to demographics and small businesses statistics for purposes of research, development, and marketing and communications.
- Assist with the design and preparation of research content for conference panels, presentation decks, and workshops.
- Stay abreast of research and trends related to small business ownership overall; and within low- and moderate-income communities and among racial and ethnic minorities. Develop means to share this information with team.
- Supervise Evaluation staff in developing, maintaining, and administering program and impact evaluation instruments.
- Manage the storage and archive of evaluation data; assist Evaluation staff with specific data requests, analyses, and reports for internal departments and external partners.
- Support development with grant funding opportunities for Research and Evaluation.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Economics, Applied Statistics, Urban Planning, or a related social science; Master degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of successful work experience with a track record of applied public policy and/or social science research using quantitative and qualitative data. Experience in economic development is preferred; experience with impact evaluation a plus.
- Proficiency with statistical and econometric modeling.
- Proficiency in one or more of the major statistical analysis software applications such as Stata, SPSS, SAS, or R.
- Proficiency in relational databases, such as Access, SQL.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with data visualization is preferred.
- 1-2 years of direct or indirect supervisory experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (oral and written) to a range of technical and general audiences.
- Results and deadline-driven with extreme attention to detail.
Interise offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes health/dental/vision insurance, 401K Plan with employer contribution, commuter benefits, Flexible Spending Account, and professional development (time and money). Interise offers paid time off and observes a paid company holiday week during the last week of the year.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bachelors degree required, Masters Degree preferred. English Proficiency.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Via email, please submit a resume and cover letter stating your salary requirements and how you learned of this position to email@example.com. Please include your name (last, first) and the title "Research Manager- R&E" in the subject line of your email.